Menu

Link to Article Condemning Candidate I Do Not Support

:blushing:

I read the OP and thought Zelda was being HORRIBLE. I completely thought she was serious, and laughed at her attempts to post hyperlinks. "Why should I think she knows anything about politics when she cann't even post hyperlinks,for heaven's sake!"

It wasn't until well into the second page that I figured out what was going on. :banghead:

Well done, Zelda! :) :hurray:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting what appears to be a completely unrelated comment that does relate if you can follow my way of thinking and realize that someone back on page one used a word that reminded me of something and I posted it, sure someone would follow my train of thought.

Reassurance that *I* understand you, because I remember the related thread which sparked the original thought from two months ago.

Smiling reminder that I still do not agree with you. Even though I still love you and all.

Edited by Pam "SFSOM" in TN

I read the OP and thought Zelda was being HORRIBLE. I completely thought she was serious, and laughed at her attempts to post hyperlinks. "Why should I think she knows anything about politics when she cann't even post hyperlinks,for heaven's sake!"

It wasn't until well into the second page that I figured out what was going on. :banghead:

*snort!*

It took me a minute, too, I confess.

Deliberate call to order of the FACTS, reminding everyone to stick to the topic the OP brought up, and smoothing a veneer of unquestionable reasonableness over all, which is really a cover meant to mask the subtle plug for the unquestionable reasonableness of MY candidate.

:asks self for the fiftieth time today -- Where Is Mrs. Mungo?:

Well done, Zelda! :) :hurray:

:lol::lol:

Feigned confusion. Proclamations of innocence. Insistence on my complete compliance with board rules and conventions. Righteous indignation at any suggestion of anything other than complete tact and tolerance on my part.

Sophisticated language suggesting that I'm rubber and you're glue.

I usually try to stay out of the political threads, but I feel compelled to insert my comments here.

I apologize to anyone I offended with my brash comments. I shouldn't have gotten involved in this thread. I was just so....emotional. All 37 of my kids have been ill, so I haven't had any sleep and I'm gonna start my . any minute now. I'm giving myself a board break until further notice because I obviously can't control myself when I see a political thread.

I apologize to anyone I offended with my brash comments. I shouldn't have gotten involved in this thread. I was just so....emotional. All 37 of my kids have been ill, so I haven't had any sleep and I'm gonna start my . any minute now. I'm giving myself a board break until further notice because I obviously can't control myself when I see a political thread.

:lol::lol::lol:

Not me, I think all jackrabbits should be banned and illegal. I was afterall on the National Jackrabbit Reintegration Council for 10 years running. What could you two possibly know about jackrabbits?

Dear Elaine, don't you know that it's what they *don't* know about jackrabbits that makes them so knowledgeable about them?

Further requesting that exclamation points and ellipses rationed at rate of two per year. Only sentences along lines of "Fire!" are truly worth of exclamation points. Any other use is indicative of delusional self-grandeur!!!

But... what of us with *serious* issues with ellipses? What of those of us who grew up with a shortage of excitement and dramatic pauses who are now overcompensating?

Suggestion that perhaps you have not thought the issue through completely. Suggestion that only -- ONLY!!! -- when one comes to the limits of the cognitive dissonance created by studying years 6-8 of Rod & Staff grammar and fully understanding the right way that results in taking away the capacity for unwieldy sentences, exclamation points, and yes, someone needs to say it... ellipses, will one be ready to make the change.

Bold-ish declaration that you couldn't possibly know, because you haven't walked in their shoes. Respectful request to come over and try some on.

Edited by Pam "SFSOM" in TN