Menu

Is scholarship money offered by DYS at the elementary age level?

I was told in passing by someone that DYS offered scholarship money. They implied that these funds were available as a standard offering for participating students, and that participants could use the funds for other programs such as CTY.

I couldn't find much about this on their website -- the only scholarship info I could find was for their fellows program, which my daughter wouldn't be ready for for at least several years, if ever.

Could anyone share their knowledge or experience? Thank you in advance!

Back when the program was much smaller, DITD used to be way more generous. That was one big reason we applied for my oldest since we thought we could get help in the event of a rough patch financially. But as the number of YS has skyrocketed, they have significantly tightened up on the financial support. Lately it seems that they've switched from doing much for the YS program in lieu of supporting their academy in Reno. Their money, their prerogative but it's a bummer for all the kids who aren't able to move to Reno.