Menu

High School Language Arts and History

I'm trying to decide what will fit my daughter best for high school language arts and history.   She completed Writing with Skill 1 and is halfway through Writing with Skill 2.  In 9th grade she did MFW's Ancient History and Literature.  Last year she di MFW's World History and Literature.  She struggled both years to write the essays.

I want her to finish WWS 2 and do WWS 3 over the next two years.  She will do MFW's 11th grade program in the fall.  It looks like she will be doing a lot of literature analysis and very little writing.  Since WWS is considered middle school level, I'm wondering if I need to add a high school level writing program.

I've been looking at IEW's Elegant Essays, Classical Rhetoric through Stucture and Style, U.S. History-Based Writing Lessons.  I'm also looking at Beautiful Feet History through Literature for 11th and 12th grades.

WWS is considered totally acceptable to use for high school. Susan Wise Bauer has even said that using WWS will ensure readiness for college level writing. Since WWS has a 4 day a wk schedule, maybe use the 5th day for essay writing/written narration practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1