Menu

Anyone used The Great Chocolate Caper?

Amy M

Did you like it?

I see two versions on Amazon, a 2010 edition, and one from 1992. I can get the older much cheaper. Are they like workbooks that students write in? Does anyone know if there is a benefit (worth $10 more) to getting the newer edition, or if there is much change between the two editions?

Thank you!

Yes, we used this a few years ago, so my memory isn't the greatest.  I don't know what version we used - probably the 2010.  It's a workbook and yes, they write in it.  

My kids had a blast with that book.  There is a mystery that goes throughout the workbook and there's different exercises the kids have to use their logic skills to solve - and it leads them closer to the mystery's solution.  

The last half of the workbook seemed like it was logic puzzles where everything is broken into squares (not sure what those are called).  There were a couple of little projects in the beginning that my kids really enjoyed.  It seemed like they made 3 different kinds of chocolate from a recipe and then had to choose the best one.  Then, they had to design a candy bar wrapper for it.

It was a great logic workbook!  Sorry, I don't know anything about the editions. 

We enjoyed it well enough, though I wouldn't say my kids remember it any better than any of the regular logic puzzle books we have done. I did it in 3rd, and in retrospect while it was the perfect level for one of my kids, the other one would have enjoyed it more a year later.  I've never seen the older version.