Menu

39 Clues Cards/Game

My DS is asking me to buy these cards. He has been reading the books from the library. Does anyone know the best place to get them? The ones I see on Amazon and eBay are used. Do they no longer sell new ones? If they are used,, do they still work to play the game? My DS seems to think he can win something by collecting them. Can someone explain the cards and  game to me?

Thanks so much.

I don't know, but the new series like this (as far as I know) is Tombquest.

I think I remember seeing ending dates on 39 Clues stuff.

I would try the Scholastic website.

These are things I see on book order forms and at the Scholastic Book Fair, but my son hasn't really read them.

I think there are still new books coming out in the Spirit Animals series, too, and it is similar, too, but I think more like it has an associated web site, I don't think it has cards.

I think (think) Tombquest has cards, but I am not sure.

Thinking about it more.... If you look on the very back pages of a 39 clues book, I think it may say a year there for the cards, that they have run out on some level.

Bc I do think all the books have been out for a while now, so I think the "solve it as it goes along" thing is over.

But you can check eBay for cards. But I think as they came out, the card packs had unrevealed clues. But it is like -- when you got a card pack when book 6 came out, it might give pre-clues, but now that all the books are out (I think), I think it would not be the same.

I think it is 3-4 years out of date.

(I think, not sure.).

But as far as I know, now there is Tombquest.

These books all have a kind of shiny cover and are the same size, so they go together. Spirit Animals also.

A few years ago they were a bit of a gimmicky thing... Rick Riordan wrote book 1 of 39 Clues, and then it was going to be a way to highlight other YA authors.

Then Brandon Mull wrote Book 1 of Spirit Animals.

Then it is like -- you go on the Scholastic website and unlock things and whatever.

But really I don't know too much about it, but I am sure it is a big Scholastic thing.

My understanding is that the books came with cards, but the books were released years ago, so it's all out of date now.

But there's also a stand-alone card game. We bought it from a game shop before we even knew about the books. But once again, this was many, many years ago.

Two of my daughters have read through the entire 39 Clues series and loved it all. There were spin-off series and in total it must be 20 - 30 books or so.