Menu

science trade books

I am compiling a list of science trade books for an accelerated, science-crazed 6th grader.  Any favorites to suggest?   Our shelves are already overflowing with books about chemistry and physics but there must be more good ones out there, and I'd like to find some compelling biology-related books, as that field is generally of less interest.  Adult books are fine as long as content is suitable.

My ds,7th grade, is extremely sciency, and especially interested in chemistry and phyiscs, also.  I'm also looking for resources for other science areas that he hasn't been exposed to yet. He's read "Molecules" and "Elements" by Theodore Gray, "Backyard Ballastics".  There are a few I can't remember, so I'll post after I ask him.

• Like 1

SilverMoon, I have shamelessly stolen from your book lists before, so I was hoping you'd chime in.   :001_smile:  Thank you!  That is a great list.  DS has read a number of them already but certainly not all, especially not from the bio list, so I'm looking forward to checking them out.  I've been looking through the NSTA lists but had not thought of Guesthollow; will check there as well.

We love all the Scientists in the Field series.

Shaping the Earth by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent was a good one we used awhile ago.

We had a lot of great ones for dinosaurs and evolution last year. Ds really liked A Dinosaur Named Sue.