Menu

Please share your overnight breakfast casseroles :)

Slache

That looks delicious and different from the standard "cut crusts off a loaf of French bread. Tear apart and put in bottom of casserole. Layer with some sort of meat and cheese and seasonings. Add another layer of crustless bread and cover with egg mixture." Don't get me wrong, I like those casseroles, too, but the OP's is different from all that I've seen. Thanks, OP!

• Like 1

Wake Up Breakfast Casserole.  I noted my changes in parentheses. It's easy to assemble the night before and just bake in the morning. It is delicious!!!

• 8 frozen hash brown patties
  • 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 pound cooked ham, cut into cubes (I prefer breakfast sausage)
  • 7 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (I use prepared yellow mustard)
  • (I add a can of diced green chiles on top)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  2. Arrange hash brown patties on the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and ham over patties.
  3. Beat eggs, milk, salt, and mustard in a large bowl using a whisk; pour over ham. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes more.
  • Like 2

Here's my favorite. The biscuits are a pain in the butt to make so I'll frequently make two or three batches and freeze them.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/bacon-egg-cheese-biscuit-casserole-clinton-kelly

So, is this basically a big old batch of biscuits with eggs, cheese, and bacon.  It sounds so yummy.  Nothing I love more than a biscuit with eggs, cheese, and bacon (turkey these days). 

Hey! I just realized I can use some of these for Ramadan.  Woohoo!

Edited by umsami
  • Like 1