Menu

saving kids' work

I'm excited about finishing up a full year of curriculum without a mid-year change! I want to clean out the children's binders, folders, and work boxes and put all that is worth keeping into some container. What sort of container would make sense?

My kids have: nature journal, handwriting journal, lots of written narrations, math notebooks, some art work, some handicrafts, etc. They have a few other books of work they have made themselves (architecture notebook, geography notebook etc). Is there some sort of flat, stackable box to use? I want to empty out the binders into something that stores better, and really, they only have one binder each of work.

Suggestions?

Emily

• Like 1

I save stuff for as long as they want to have it on their bedroom walls, but for long term I scan/photograph/record all their best work, or anything that shows some kind of milestone reached, and keep it in their 'portfolios' on the computer.

I kept kids' stuff in white 1 inch cardboard document boxes - no more than one box per kid and year. Sometimes I consolidated two years into one box. They can be labeled and stacked neatly on shelves or in the closet.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

I keep a representative sample of the year's work in binders for each student. I have large binders and they hold about three years' worth of work. I keep math tests, English tests, all compositions, a sample of worknfrim subjects that don't have tests, workbook covers (not inside pages) with the child's name and completion date written on them, drawings, artwork that fits into the binder, maps they have drawn, etc. My kids enjoy looking back through the old binders to see how far they have come.