Menu

the suggestions for de-frizzing my hair worked!

I started using the Pantene Anti-fizz conditioner that several of you mentioned. I used just the tiniest amt of shampoo on my scalp only and lots of conditioner. I did this on Sat and then Sun. morning I left off my shower cap when I took my shower and wet my hands and then scunged (sp) up my hair with my wet hands and didn't comb or brush my hair (I didn't comb or brush on Sat either) and just let my hair dry. It is almost shoulder length and it dried in NICE spiral curls with no frizz (it even seemed to look a little darker and more vibrant in color) and SHINY. I was shocked. I even got a couple of compliments at church. Thanks to all of you ladies, I now like my hair again after a couple of years of frizz.

It is weird how the texture changed as I got older, from straight as a teen, then to more wavy as i got older, then to frizz and now to spiral curls.

I have spiraly curls, too, and not combing or brushing is the key here, too! It sounds crazy, because we're all so trained to brush our hair, but for me it's scrunch in the gel or creme when my hair is wet and leave it alone.

If my girls get the urge to brush my hair out, I let them, and it becomes a gigantic cloud of frizz around my head. :tongue_smilie:I don't show myself in public like this.

I have spiraly curls, too, and not combing or brushing is the key here, too! It sounds crazy, because we're all so trained to brush our hair, but for me it's scrunch in the gel or creme when my hair is wet and leave it alone.

If my girls get the urge to brush my hair out, I let them, and it becomes a gigantic cloud of frizz around my head. :tongue_smilie:I don't show myself in public like this.

Lol, yep! I very *occasionally* brush my hair out, but I have to either wash it (conditioner only) immediately, or french braid it to keep it all down. Otherwise I look like I stuck my finger in a socket and thought it was so much fun that I went and did it again... ;)

I hardly ever brush my hair. After I condition it I gather it up in a banana clip so that it can dry off of my back, then later I shake it out, arrange it a bit and put it back up. The next day I can usually just sort of gather it up again and put it into a clip again. I don't like to wear mine down, I think I'm too old for long hair, but I don't mind it up and out of my face.

Oh, I'm not talking about brushing or combing when dry -- I don't even own a brush. I only comb my hair when there's conditioner in it when I'm in the shower.

So how do you ladies deal with the tangles or does your hair not tangle?

I do what you do, comb it out while it's wet, and then when I put the defrizz on it, the curls are there. Mine is kinda of wild curl, I just let it, it doesn't really seem to tangle unless I'm stupid enough to try to brush it while it's dry.

Ok, how about not combing long, long hair? My dd's hair is just below her waist. It is very wavy and when we comb or brush it, it is a frizzy cloud. We like the waves but would like less frizz. Is NOT combing or brushing the way to go?

And, if you don't deal with the tangles, do you ever? Or, does it just get worse and worse? Or, does it somehow magically adjust?

I'm going to try the Pantene Anti-Frizz conditioner. Any other Pantene products I should get for her?

Ok, how about not combing long, long hair? My dd's hair is just below her waist. It is very wavy and when we comb or brush it, it is a frizzy cloud. We like the waves but would like less frizz. Is NOT combing or brushing the way to go?

And, if you don't deal with the tangles, do you ever? Or, does it just get worse and worse? Or, does it somehow magically adjust?

I'm going to try the Pantene Anti-Frizz conditioner. Any other Pantene products I should get for her?

Katia, here's the original thread where many of us gave suggestions for reducing frizzies in hair...

If my daughter had hair like that, I would skip shampoo and wash her hair with the Pantene conditioner only, and I would use a wide-toothed hair pick to comb through her hair *while* it has all the conditioner in it. Then just rinse gently and blot dry (don't rub it) with a towel. You can use just a little gel (rub on your hands then grasp the bottom of her hair and scrunch, then grab the hair a little higher up and finger-comb the gel through, then a little higher up -- don't start at the top and work down). You can grab 1" sections of her hair and twirl them around your finger (start close to the scalp and work down), if you want to encourage the hair to dry in ringlets. That will help any curls go the same direction and not "fight" each other so much. Or you can simply scrunch it with your fingers.

But don't brush or comb after you've rinsed the conditioner out (and you don't want to rinse it out completely either -- leave a little on). Just use fingers -- and those sparingly -- after that. By only blotting dry (and not rubbing in the towel), you shouldn't create any more tangles...

And frizzy hair, if I let it do that.

I brush my hair right before I wash and condition it. My hair tangles really bad so not brushing is not an option. I use just a little shampoo, but LOTS of conditioner. I really, really like Vive (for dry hair) conditioner. It is in an yellowish/orange bottle. Not expensive at all.

When I get out of the shower, I put in an anti-frizz cream or gel. I run my fingers through my hair, then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch the hair to form curls. I do this all while my head is upside down. I then scrunch a little more with head upside down for the next 5-10 minutes off and on.

Curls Rock is a great line for the gel/creme. My hair is down to my waist and very thick. Now that I know what to do to my hair it is curly instead of frizzy and I like it oh so much better. If I need to brush my hair, I don't!!! I just try to run my wet fingers through it and scrunch some more.

Hope this helps. PM me privately if you would like more info. I don't get on here all that often.

Blessings,

Michele

I would use a wide-toothed hair pick to comb through her hair *while* it has all the conditioner in it. Then just rinse gently and blot dry (don't rub it) with a towel. You can use just a little gel (rub on your hands then grasp the bottom of her hair and scrunch, then grab the hair a little higher up and finger-comb the gel through, then a little higher up -- don't start at the top and work down). You can grab 1" sections of her hair and twirl them around your finger (start close to the scalp and work down), if you want to encourage the hair to dry in ringlets. That will help any curls go the same direction and not "fight" each other so much.

That's what I do.