9 members have voted

1. 1. Closed--the date has been picked.

Is anyone bringing older children?  I have still at home:

18 yo ds

16 yo ds

14 yo ds

14 yo dd

12 yo ds

Just wondering if any might be coming that are close in age.

I can see if youngest (20) will come.  He's currently at a high school camp chaperoning and running their ropes course, but he returns tomorrow so I can ask him.  He loves working with kids, so he might be interested if he knows he can go off and play/talk with them rather than just sitting with us the whole time.  

Middle is in Rochester all summer working on his research.  He came home for Father's Day, but that's it for the summer.

Is anyone bringing older children? I have still at home:

18 yo ds

16 yo ds

14 yo ds

14 yo dd

12 yo ds

Just wondering if any might be coming that are close in age.

I'll have ds13 and ds11 with me. Those are my only two.

Does anyone have significant allergies - like nuts - that we who are pondering snacks should work around?

My oldest has nut allergies, but can be in the same room with them, no problem, plus he's incredibly picky! Yay! He won't touch most food with a 10 foot pole.

The only food he might be interested in are desserts. I'll just double check with anyone who brings desserts if there are nuts in the desserts.

• Like 2

So apparently I scheduled a prenatal appointment for that afternoon! I'm going to call today and reschedule though. But I'm glad I as cleaning out my wallet and saw the appointment card last night.

Ooo!  You scared me for a minute. Glad you're still going to be able to make it.  :)

• Like 3

I'm planning on being there around 11:15am to help you set up.  Which door do we use again?

I'm also planning on bringing zucchini bread (nut free) and some cheese (cheddar and muenster) & crackers (multi-grain Club).

Then I'll try to remember to bring middle son's transcript and a couple of canning jars for Momsinthegarden!

Extra question... would anyone want any zucchini or summer squash?  I took more to church and gave it away today, but I still have some here I could bring.  Our plants have been quite prolific. 

• Like 2

Extra question... would anyone want any zucchini or summer squash?  I took more to church and gave it away today, but I still have some here I could bring.  Our plants have been quite prolific. 

Sure!  I just got around to planting my garden a few days ago and I have no idea if I will get anything out of it.

• Like 1

I'm planning on being there around 11:15am to help you set up.  Which door do we use again?

I'm also planning on bringing zucchini bread (nut free) and some cheese (cheddar and muenster) & crackers (multi-grain Club).

Then I'll try to remember to bring middle son's transcript and a couple of canning jars for Momsinthegarden!

The door!  I need to update the first post.

There are three doors to the church.  One is on the side with a car port over it.  One door has steps leading to it.  The third door has a ramp.

We will be behind the door that has a ramp leading to it.  If you're in the parking lot looking at the church, that door is on the right.  Ramp.

• Like 3

My oldest has nut allergies, but can be in the same room with them, no problem, plus he's incredibly picky! Yay! He won't touch most food with a 10 foot pole.

The only food he might be interested in are desserts. I'll just double check with anyone who brings desserts if there are nuts in the desserts.

I do believe Hersheys Baking Cocoa makes it for nut-free status. The cupcakes should be safe for nut allergies.

• Like 1

Now there's no way I can make it tomorrow.  My priest's dad passed away last week and the service is tomorrow night.  I've offered to help with refreshments.  It looks like I'll need to be at church by 3pm to help with preparations. 

Sorry to miss it this time around.  Have a great time everyone

Now there's no way I can make it tomorrow.  My priest's dad passed away last week and the service is tomorrow night.  I've offered to help with refreshments.  It looks like I'll need to be at church by 3pm to help with preparations. 

Sorry to hear about your priest's dad, but glad you're able to help out there.

OK, I'm thinking about coming into BWI.  Gotta clear it with the husband - thank goodness for lots of frequent flyer miles from his 2-3 time a month travel schedule....

BWI is about an hour from Littlestown - pending traffic, of course.  I wonder if any MD boardies could pick you up along the way?  Or are you renting a car anyway based upon your other visit combined with this?  

If a ride would work, what time would you be arriving?

I am still following the thread and our move to MD is increasingly likely :) Not sure where we will land yet, but if anyone wants to comment on Frederick County please feel free to send me a PM. I don't want to hijack the thread.

Enjoy the meetup! Hopefully, you will continue having them and I will get to attend one. Sounds like a great day is in the works!!

• Like 1

Oh, we will miss you. :( We'll have another one, I'm sure.

OK, I'm thinking about coming into BWI.  Gotta clear it with the husband - thank goodness for lots of frequent flyer miles from his 2-3 time a month travel schedule....

Wow! It would be awesome if you could make it! The Harrisburg airport is also about an hour away, and it is very quiet compared to BWI.

My ds is coming....I hope other kids will be there :)

Yes, there will be other kids there. You mentioned that he'll need to take an 8th grade test in PA, so it sounds like he's in 7th now? There will be other kids just under and just above that grade, so he'll have someone to talk to.

I'll tell my sons to try their best to approach anyone they don't know to include them in any games they're playing. They get intimidated about approaching people they don't know, so I have to remind them. But if your son arrives and no one invites him to play, tell him that I know for a fact that my sons won't mind if he goes up and joins in with everyone. They just don't always remember to extend the invitiation to someone new, but they are not purposely excluding anyone.

Basically I'll tell my sons, "If someone is standing there alone say, 'Wanna join us?' And if you're standing alone say, 'Can I join in?'" That should cover everything, right?

• Like 1

Tried to find a flight to Harrisonburg and BWI and came up short.  I checked how far IAD (Dulles) is and it is only 1.5 hours and I think I will avoid the traffic too.  I will bug my husband to make the tickets for me.  I will drive up and arrive (please G-d) at around 1pm-ish and go back afterwards.  Will let you know if everything comes together.

• Like 5

I am contemplating bringing brownies or chocolate chip cookies, but if so, they will be nut-free.  I always bring nut-free desserts so that people have at least one dessert they can eat.

• Like 2

I'd love either if you have extras!

• Like 1

So sad to be missing out. We finish our last activity at 2pm so we could only arrive when everyone is leaving. So sad.

Bummer!  We'll miss you.  (sigh)

I was thinking of bringing Zuchinni Fritata.  Is there an oven we are able to use to heat this up???

I need to let Garga answer this as my memory only sort of remembers the kitchen (but I think there is one).  It sounds interesting - never had it - so hope there is one!

----------------------------

My zucchini bread (without nuts) is made and seems to have turned out well.  I guess the taste test will be tomorrow!

And I'll have the cheese and crackers too.  It's difficult to mess those up - at least - on my end.  I suppose the factory could have.

I also have middle son's transcript sitting on the counter where (hopefully) I can't forget it - along with some canning jars.

Then I'll have to remember to get the extra zucchini and summer squash out of my fridge.  (Hmm, heading off to put a note with my things to assist my old brain cells!)

• Like 1

So I gotta back out of bringing drinka. Today was my grocery store trip day and as I was heading out to shop at 4 the power went out all along rt 40 where all the grocery stores are. It is not expected back on until tonight. Even though the stores are open because they have generators it is bad with the major road having no traffic lights. I had to pick my kids up from summer camp and almost got into 3 accidents, camp is a mile from my house. So no grocery store for me tonight. And I won't have time in the morning before I have to head to the meetup.

Now I have to back out. I just came back from the ER. I dislocated my shoulder and bruised my knee. Don't think it would be prudent to drive 3 hours and sit on a plane. Next time! I'm really sad, but at least I hadn't bought my ticket yet.

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly :grouphug:

• Like 1

Now I have to back out. I just came back from the ER. I dislocated my shoulder and bruised my knee. Don't think it would be prudent to drive 3 hours and sit on a plane. Next time! I'm really sad, but at least I hadn't bought my ticket yet.

Oh no! So sorry you got injured. What bad timing!

• Like 1

Now I have to back out.  I just came back from the ER.  I dislocated my shoulder and bruised my knee.  Don't think it would be prudent to drive 3 hours and sit on a plane.  Next time!  I'm really sad, but at least I hadn't bought my ticket yet.

Ugh!  That sounds painful.  We'll miss you.  Someday I want to hear a bit more about the refugee work/assistance you're doing...

If someone else wants to pick drinks up I'll pay them back

I can probably stop and get some.  What sort of drinks do we want?  I'm trying to remember what we had last time...

No need to pay me back.  No one has to bring anything.  That part is optional.  I don't want anyone on a tight budget (money or time) to think they can't come over something like that.

• Like 1

Oh,ouch! Next time, then.

• Like 1

My ds is coming....I hope other kids will be there :)

Hiya! I know you IRL. My youngest son is planning to come. I just don't know exactly when we'll arrive.

• Like 1

I hope that y'all have a good time! I grew up in South Central PA (York County), but I don't get home very often. Multiple hours in a vehicle with multiple kids...

Maybe some day (year) I'll get to come!!

What high school did you go to? My dh graduated from DHS and my kids from SHS.

I just don't know exactly when we'll arrive.

The party starts in an hour and 45 minutes, so I don't know if everyone will read this or not, but if you do:

We actually have the church from 11 until 4, even though the event is from 12-3. That gives me an hour on either end to set up and clean up without having to rush.

So anyone arriving late (and anyone at all) you are welcome to stay until 4. We just need to clean up while we visit and exit by 4:00 on the dot. The groundskeeper is pretty strict about people leaving when they're supposed to (because he has to come and lock up behind us and doesn't want to have to hang around waiting for us to go--that wouldn't be fair to him.)

• Like 2

So anyone arriving late (and anyone at all) you are welcome to stay until 4. We just need to clean up while we visit and exit by 4:00 on the dot. The groundskeeper is pretty strict about people leaving when they're supposed to (because he has to come and lock up behind us and doesn't want to have to hang around waiting for us to go--that wouldn't be fair to him.)

Darn.  I just finished telling my youngest we might opt for a sleepover and I didn't know for sure when I'd be home... if the party is still going on here at home when I walk in, so be it.   :lol:

• Like 1

My pm doesn't work! I have tried to get it fixed for a couple of years now. You can pm Creekland and she can give you my email address, if she doesn't mind.

:glare: about your pm.  Can you pm me, or does it not work at all?