Menu

WHA Summer Logic

I just discovered that Wilson Hill is offering Logic 1 in June this summer.  My dd is excited about the prospect, but the class was added later and so far nobody has signed up.  I don't know how many people they need, but 1 obviously isn't enough. I thought maybe some other hive families might be interested.  Mr. Martin said the class covers all of the Nance Introductory Logic text and half of the Intermediate Logic text.  The homework is expected to be about 1-1.5 hours per day outside of the M-R class held from 10-12:30.

My dd is enrolled in his Logic I course for the fall.   To me the only downside is that  there is probably going to be a lot of cramming and less discussion.  I think she is really looking forward to the practice of using logic through discussion and writing, and Mr. Martin really excels in this area.  It might be good for students who have already had logic, though, as a refresher.  

I'm sure the full year is better. There are so many wonderful choices we can't fit them all in! 😀 My dd has some other worthy pursuits she wants to make room for this fall.

I think that my daughter would cry if she didn't have Mr. Martin next year.  Me: "What class do you want to take next year at WH?"  Daughter: "What does Mr. Martin teach?"  Me:  "Logic."   Daughter: "Sign me up for that."  Me:  :hurray:

• Like 2

My dd has Mr. Etter this year.  She has Mr. Martin for GC 2 next year.  She is bummed that school will be wrapping up soon.  Cue summer school discussion.

We have the double whammy next year Mr. Etter for GC3 and Mr. Martin for Logic 1.  Yeah!!!  Now if I could just talk her into Latin 2 with Mrs. Hensley, that would be a stellar year!  She is so not into Latin...... :(

• Like 2

We have the double whammy next year Mr. Etter for GC3 and Mr. Martin for Logic 1.  Yeah!!!  Now if I could just talk her into Latin 2 with Mrs. Hensley, that would be a stellar year!  She is so not into Latin...... :(

That does sound like a great year!  If anyone could convince her to love Latin, it would be Mrs. Hensley for sure.  

• Like 2