Menu

Prodigy math question

My son has been playing Prodigy math for a little while and he is level 31 (if this makes any difference). We use the free version. Recently he is at a level where he has to battle a tree (looks like a tree to me). The tree has no hearts. Even if he answers the questions correctly he looses hearts and therefore always looses. This tree guy is making Prodigy math less enjoyable for my kid as he is "stuck". And Prodigy math is part of our math drill... lol

Anyone has experience with this? I have just contacted customer service and if they reply I'll post the answer here. Just figured that since there are so many prodigy math users here maybe someone has an answer.

Thanks.

Hmmm....I vaguely remember reading something about this.  Over at their forum, I think it was.  I think he may need to be a higher level and/or have more pets to put in.

I just asked DS9 and he said that the Tree guy (and certain other characters) have "invisible hearts".  I don't know how true that is but....he also said the Tree guy is easy if you use a pet that has fire spells.  He said use your best fire pet...lol

• Like 2

I can see how this conversation could be completely incomprehensible unless your kids play this. It's hilarious.

Yes and...you know....what makes it even more funny is that I haven't really paid close attention to the game features, lol.  I mean, I have a basic idea but...I had no idea what enemy guy thing was "The Tree Creature" or whatever it is...LOL!  Which is why I had to ask DS.  He knew exactly who it was, lol!!!  

I cannot really distinguish this from a minecraft or Pokemon convo.

Hence, the genius that is Prodigy Math.

My kid has requested a Prodigy Math-themed birthday cake. You know something has reached big-deal status when a 7 yr old wants it on his cake, lol.

Especially when, until recently, Minecraft was THE schizzle, lol!

• Like 2

Hmmm....I vaguely remember reading something about this. Over at their forum, I think it was. I think he may need to be a higher level and/or have more pets to put in.

I just asked DS9 and he said that the Tree guy (and certain other characters) have "invisible hearts". I don't know how true that is but....he also said the Tree guy is easy if you use a pet that has fire spells. He said use your best fire pet...lol

I got a reply from customer service. The tree indeed has secret hearts! The answer your son gave above is exactly right :)

• Like 2