Menu

Dear Forum Folk,

Note: WTMA Fall registration has closed, so subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook to receive announcements for spring registration!

Did you know that our  Well-Educated Minds program offers courses for adult learners year-round as an Independent Learning Module? This provides the opportunity for independent learning at your own pace.

The Well-Trained Mind has been in the classical education business for over 15 years, providing homeschooling families with high-quality, ground-breaking resources that combine the best of the classical tradition with innovative teaching methods. In fact, more than half a million parents have successfully used the curricula, book lists, and methods of The Well-Trained Mind to teach their children at home.

We’re excited to bring you the third year of the Well-Trained Mind Academy, with experienced instructors to further your ability to homeschool your children at middle school and high school levels of learning.

We offer small class sizes, with live and delayed-recording courses to meet any schedule - including those seeking additional courses to augment a private, charter, or public school education.

Full-year courses include writing (based on our successful "Writing With Skill" workbook series), math, science, music, history, literature, and now foreign languages. We also offer one-semester courses, including Study Skills, Socratic Seminar Discussion, Geography, Grammar, SAT exam preparation, physical education, and several levels of creative writing.

Here's what our parents have to say:

"My daughter is in the WTMA Algebra 1 class this year. She was so nervous... math was her least favorite subject. Oh, the anxiety it would produce! I have heard her exclaim that she loves math this year and her WTMA teacher is one of her favorites. (And I am wiping sweat off of my brow.)"

"...in the past two weeks, our child has actually proclaimed that she is enjoying writing.  Awesome!!  She is much more focused, diligent and enthusiastic about tackling the assignments."

"I've used other online schools. I can honestly say, WTMA has been the best experience!"

Preview our courses to see how classical online learning works, then register soon. Classes began September 6th (recordings are available for any missed lectures) and are filling quickly!

www.wtmacademy.com

• 3 weeks later...

Do the math classes include instructor grading of homework?

All of our courses (including math) include live lectures and instructor-graded quizzes and assignments. You can see the quizzes and graded assignments on each of the course syllabi.

While individual problems in the daily math homework are not graded by the instructor, each student must turn in a scanned copy of their corrected homework in order to receive points for completion. Daily homework is self-graded and corrected by students with the help of the solutions manual, and the instructors review the homework to ensure students are working the problems and understanding the concepts.

Instructors typically review difficult homework questions in the next live class to give students the opportunity to ask questions regarding difficult homework topics.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

Steve O.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Do you know yet if there be any new course offerings at WTMA for the 2017-2018 school year? Trying to put together a game plan before online schools start registration. :)

Thanks!!

I emailed Mr. Otto a month or two ago with the same question and he told me that yes, there will be additional classes being offered for middle schoolers next year including science and possibly literature, and that more information would be available in January.

• Like 1

I emailed Mr. Otto a month or two ago with the same question and he told me that yes, there will be additional classes being offered for middle schoolers next year including science and possibly literature, and that more information would be available in January.

Thanks so much! I did see that they are already offering a new Astronomy class for logic stage this spring. I hope they add to that. And literature would be fantastic. I may have already found a class for my 8th grader, but depending on what they are offering I may change my mind. We love our WTMA classes! I would love to have more options to choose from for my rising 6th grader next year.

• Like 1