Menu

Would you consider sushi a "finger food"?

Doran

I'm not so great with finger food, apparently. I'm meant to bring food to share at a political event on Wednesday. Usually, I'm known for great salady type things. I also do well with "California roll" sushi (no raw fish or things that spoil easily), but not sure that fits.

What else?

Sure, just don't forget the wasabi.

This is why I questioned the finger nature of this food. Wasabi and soy sauce aren't the easiest things to manage communally. I'm not sure whether the hostess will be providing little cocktail plates or just napkins, in which case the goopy things that are so intrinsic to sushi are more questionable, don't you think?

That's true. It's just so hard for me to think about eating sushi without it. :)

Sushi w/out wasabi or soy sauce is pretty useless, in my book. I think I'll email the hostess to ask about plates vs. napkins. Hoping it will work out. I love making sushi! :001_smile:

I'm not so great with finger food, apparently. I'm meant to bring food to share at a political event on Wednesday. Usually, I'm known for great salady type things. I also do well with "California roll" sushi (no raw fish or things that spoil easily), but not sure that fits.

What else?

Go for it!! For our piano recitals, someone always brought a nice, freshly prepared tray of sushi and it was devoured.

Just be prepared to jump out of the way quickly!

Just be prepared to jump out of the way quickly!

Traditionally, I made sushi annually on the occasion of a big barn party we hosted. I made a LOT of sushi, and I swear sometimes it would be devoured before I even had a chance to have a piece myself! Luckily, I had all the ends at home to eat when everyone else had gone away. :001_smile:

• 5 years later...