Menu

If You Could Be on Any Game Show?

mom2bee

Which would you pick and why?

I grew up watching Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud and the one with the really old guy who picked contestants from the audience and they played a lot of mini games about regular house hold products and then some luxury items. (Clearly I can't remember the name of the show, but I did watch it all the time. It came on in the morning.) The Price is Right!

I don't watch game shows nearly as much as I would like to anymore, but I still day dream about going on one.

Edited by mom2bee

Which would you pick and why?

I grew up watching Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud and the one with the really old guy who picked contestants from the audience and they played a lot of mini games about regular house hold products and then some luxury items. (Clearly I can't remember the name of the show, but I did watch it all the time. It came on in the morning.)

I don't watch game shows nearly as much as I would like to anymore, but I still day dream about going on one.

Oh my!! He wasn't old when I watched that show growing up.  :lol:

I'm going to shuffle off to my rocking chair and have a nap. ;)

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5

DH has auditioned for Jeopardy for the past 5 years and has never been called to be on the show. He's still hoping it will happen some day. Personally, the only game show I'd be willing to play was done in the 70's. It's called Match Game and we watch it on GSN every weekday. I think I'd be good at that one.

• Like 2

Oh my!! He wasn't old when I watched that show growing up.  :lol:

I'm going to shuffle off to my rocking chair and have a nap. ;)

In my defense we didn't have cable and the picture was often grainy, plus no one knew that I needed glasses when I was a little kid.

To be fair, I was a horrible judge of ages for adults. I seriously thought that Bill Cosby was in his 70s or 80s when I was a kid. I saw an article about him in the paper and thought that it was his obituary because that's how old people get in the paper, right?

ETA: I checked online and Mr. Barker was in his mid-late 70s when I was watching as a kid in the 90s! He's in his 90s now. So, he actually did qualify as really old.

Edited by mom2bee
  • Like 3

DH has auditioned for Jeopardy for the past 5 years and has never been called to be on the show. He's still hoping it will happen some day. Personally, the only game show I'd be willing to play was done in the 70's. It's called Match Game and we watch it on GSN every weekday. I think I'd be good at that one.

I would love to go back in time and be on the Match Game!

The other game I would have loved to play is Supermarket Sweep. Racing carts around a grocery store set? Sign me up!

• Like 1

I remember wanting to be on Jeopardy when I was a kid. That was when the original show aired, then it went away. Then it came back, but I've never really considered trying out.

The other show I wanted to be on was Price Is Right. I remember thinking back then that the show would be off the air by the time I grew up. That was in the 70's. :p

I forgot about Match Game--that was a fun show. I also liked Pyramid and Password; never thought of being on those, though.

Supermarket sweep always looked like fun.

I loved match game, password, and 100k pyramid when I was a kid. But I would probably choke under pressure on the pyramid.

I used to think it would be cool to be on family feud. The original with Richard Dawson.

I also loved the price is right, Hollywood squares, the newlywed game, the dating game, and the gong show. Who wouldn't want to go to Hawaii and grab money from the money volcano on Diamond Head.

And wheel of fortune back in the day. Watching contestants spend a good chunk their winnings on a dalmation sculpture and an umbrella stand.

Hmmm, I watched more game shows then I thought.

Edited by kewb

We still watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy here most nights. I'm good at Wheel of Fortune, but I also have the tendency to blurt out the first thing that pops into my head while I'm trying to figure out the puzzle which results in some very, um, interesting "solves" on occasion. 

Jeopardy would really depend on the categories that day. Some I am great at and others, I'd look like an idiot.

Those are two that I would be interested in going on though!