Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning- dh went to work today, we did all the Valentine's Day stuff yesterday, besides we all have colds so going out to eat wouldn't make much sense.

- school work- done with pharmacology studying and did the calculations homework, printed stuff for tomorrow

- get stuff ready for the week- have clothes arranged for tomorrow, need to pack dd2 a bag for sitter's house

- dinner- done

- baths- done

- shower

- bedtime routine- done

- anything else I get done- had to get a back up sitter, regular sitter in hospital with pneumonia, took out trash, a load of laundry

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 2

Well, today didn't go as planned at all!  I was supposed to take my kids to sing at church and then do my friend's taxes.  But unfortunately I had to reschedule my friend because we are supposedly going to do something with someone who cannot be put off (long story).  Also, last night, we bought a new parakeet to be a friend to Pikachu, but when we got home, Pikachu was dead in his cage.  :(  My kids were so upset.  They talked me out of going to church today.  So we all slept in.

Auntie went and bought another bird which just arrived home.

And we are still waiting to learn what time we are going to meet that person.  So in the mean time, I am working.

• Like 2

The two birds are now together in the new bigger cage.  So far so good.  If it weren't for gloves, I would have many bite marks on my hands.  :P  Should have put yesterday's bird in the big cage last night.  :/

The two new birds are batch mates, so hopefully they will get along.

The girls seem to be over their shock of losing the other bird.  They want to name one of the new birds Pikachu.  OK, so we still have a Pikachu and now a Raichu.

The girls are hoping the birds are male & female and will breed.  I'm not so sure that's a grand idea, but the pet store lady says it is possible.  Hmmm....

And now our newest fish Pichu is acting funny.  Oh boy.  I hope she is just temporarily constipated or something ....

• Like 2

Good afternoon, almost evening!

Quiet day here. Cold with freezing rain, blah.

Church

Relaxed all afternoon. Prereading some of dd's history books. I had forgotten how good The Bronze Bow is.

Figuring out dinner now. Probably spaghetti.

Watch Nature with kids

Watch Downton Abbey

• Like 1

Well, after I rearranged my whole weekend and disappointed my friend and felt like a jerk, the person all things revolve around did not show up.  And there is more drama, but I am trying to take the high road.  :/

My kid was in a horrible mood for much of the weekend.  Ugh.  Went to bed in tears.  Here's hoping needed lessons were learned and happier days are ahead.

And now I think I will go to bed and get up early to finish some work.

• Like 1