Menu

activity tracker?

HollyDay

I used to have a FitBit flex.  I liked it quite a bit but after several years, it has finally stopped holding a charge so needs to be replaced.  Lots of trackers are out there now and I'm not sure what to get.  My husband has a Surge he likes a lot but I think that is more than I need.

Any suggestions?

I'll tell you what I have and why I like it. I have a Fitbit Charge HR.

I like the heart rate monitor.

I like that I can set a silent alarm. Every day my fitbit wakes me at 6 AM with a silent vibration that easily wakes me. I love that silent alarm when I am somewhere and need to be reminded without wanting it to be obvious- like when I'm tutoring.

I LOVE that it automatically recognizes when I'm doing an activity like taking a walk. It creates an 'event' that tracks how long I walked, how many steps, what my heart rate range was, the calories burned. etc. All without me having to do anything. And it does that for a number of activities. 

I get a vibration when I reach my step goal for the day. I am very motivated to reach goals. 

I do not love that it needs to be charged every four days.  

• Like 1