Menu

We're in Warsaw, Poland!

Hello! I'm mostly new to the boards, although I posted several times last year asking about bilingual ed because we were planning a move to Warsaw, Poland. Well, we've been living here for 6 months, and I'd love to connect with others on the Continent.

Educationally, things are going much better than I anticipated. The option that caused me *literally* to lock myself in the bathroom to cry for half an hour last year is the one we picked -- our two oldest kids (almost 6 and almost 4) attend a small, Christian Polish kindergarten (separate classes, but they interact a lot) and we afterschool in English, heavily focusing on reading skills. Our only reason for dropping full-time homeschooling is that bilingualism/biliteracy is very important to us. My husband is Polish. I'd originally intended their preschool attendance to be half-day but they loved it so much that they're attending more often. It's helpful because I also have an infant (8 mos.) and I'm studying Polish four times per week with a private tutor at home, so jumpstarting their Polish this way also gives me the time I need to work on my own.

Need to run, but hope to connect with some of you soon!

• Like 2