Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Pancakes...

Clean kitchen

Unpacking, laundry sorting, run a load or two.

Grocery shopping.

School, check up on son's writing course.

Weekly planning (since I didn't do it over the weekend).

Get tech suit for daughter for championships.

Hopefully get repaired car!

Scouts.

• Like 2

30 minutes until Dh is home form Canada :hurray:  :hurray:  We will head off to the bus stop in 15 minutes.

Absolute awful nightmare most of day with twins. I traveled 100 km to psychologist. after the visit the twins started acting up. I had shopping to do ( not really any shops where I live). twin 1 punched twin two repeatedly in the face until he had a massive nose bleed. I had to buy him a complete new outfit of clothes.

we got lunch and went to Aldi.  I had twins in twin pram  in front of me and pulled the shopping trolley behind me. twin one stated punching twin 21 again. I then put his shoulder straps on as punishment. So he tried to gouge out eye of twin two ( yes they can be really delightful at times). so I held onto his hand. very tricky to push twin pram while leaning over it to hold a naughty boy's hand while pulling a trolley full of groceries behind. both twins were screaming their heads off, and people all around me were laughing !!!  it was so awful . At least 5 people were laughing at me( why would people do that????) it really gave the twins the attention they were after and they acted up more and more. Ended up twin 1 was yelling how much he hates me and spitting in my direction.

• Like 4

I don't know ....  It's 3:40am here and I am debating whether to go to sleep or do some personal filing or do some work.  Hmm.  I will probably choose sleep.

The list:

• Finish the laundry.  [last load is in dryer]
  • Register kids for summer math camp.  [done]
  • Some personal filing.  [done]
  • Pay credit cards.  [done]
  • Balance checkbook.  [done]
  • Pay school bills.  [done]
  • Sleep a few hours an hour.  [done]
  • Kids up & out to school.  [done]
  • Clean kitchen and some clutter.  [done]
  • Electrician is coming to do inspect or something.  [done]
  • Work.  [a little got done.]
  • A little reading.  [only if you count the read-aloud.]
  • A little exercise.  [some walking during the kids' swimming.]
  • A little more housework.  [hmmm]
  • Kids' work.  [not much]
  • Kids to swim team.  Walk or work while they swim.  [done]
  • Dinner on the fly.  [done]
  • Kids to gymnastics.  Work while they play.  [done]
  • Kids to bed.  [done - read 2 chapters of Anne of Green Gables]
  • Work.  [a little]
Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

I finally hit the triple digits! I'm down 100 pounds! :party:

Happy Day! Okay, anyway.. lol Not feeling that great (sore throat) but not too much going on today..

Make grocery list/meal plan

Go to the store

School with dd

Pick up around house

Start laundry

Email Co-op leader

Plan bills with dh

I feel like there's another errand I need to run.. hmm... :laugh: We'll see!

Edited by Mrs. Hound
  • Like 5

Melissa, I'm so sorry you had such a terrible day. Thankfully something good is happening now!

SKL, I hope you chose sleep!

Mrs. Hound, Congratulations!!!  :hurray:

My dad showed up this weekend and is still here, so that was a nice surprise. My sister stayed until Saturday afternoon. Having both for awhile was great!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

meals

plan school for the week

do school for the day

pay bills

final plans on book club tomorrow here at my house 

laundry

tidy house

• Like 4

Good morning, please pray I get decent grades on my exams today :)

- get dd1 and I up and ready for school- done

- get lunch from freezer- done

- call in dh's meds- done

- remind sitter dd1 has Girl Scouts- done

- school- both exams done (please pray I get decent grades)

- dinner- meat pulled to thaw

- baths

- bedtime routine

- school work

- anything else I get done- took trash to outside can

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 3

Ok Mrs. Hound!  I wanna know what you are doing!  I would love to lose some weight but can never seem to get beyond about 7 lbs before I go back to my old ways.  I am a wimpy wuss.

Today:

Clean kitchen

Wake kids

Plan week with them 

Breakfast school

Math

Latin

Science

History

Literature reading

14 yo has badge work to do

17 yo has physical training

14 yo and I go to AHG meeting

Dinner is veggie fried rice

• Like 2

Ok Mrs. Hound!  I wanna know what you are doing!  I would love to lose some weight but can never seem to get beyond about 7 lbs before I go back to my old ways.  I am a wimpy wuss.

Today:

Clean kitchen

Wake kids

Plan week with them 

Breakfast school

Math

Latin

Science

History

Literature reading

14 yo has badge work to do

17 yo has physical training

14 yo and I go to AHG meeting

Dinner is veggie fried rice

Extremely low carb/sugar! :)

• Like 2

I've never posted to Jean's Tackle thread before, but I've got a lot of things to do to sort out.  I lose lists :), so I thought I might put it here today:

This will probably be tedious for anyone else, and overly specific, but that's how my brain works.  Especially on a month-long migraine. :(

1.  Eat breakfast

2.  Pre-view CNN Student News for dd13 and ds15 **This was super interesting today -- about artificial coloring in foods.  Two of my dc are allergic to Red #40, so this is a great episode for us.

3.  duolingo sometime today

4.  explain weekly assignments for dds and ds

5.  make copy of Chaucer study guide assignment(s) for ds15

6.  Speech Therapy homework with dd5

7.  work on math with dd9  (she chose to do everything except math.  I will consider this ok for today.)

8.  try to get dd8 to finally finish her math book (this is not going well) *giving this up -- she didn't sleep well and is GRUMPY

9.  work on Algebra with dd13 -- try to figure out if we need to start over  (she is so frustrated because I think this is the first subject she's ever encountered that doesn't come easily to her)

10.  figure out what to make for lunch and help dd11 make it (lunch menu changed from pizza bagels to fish sticks because dd11 informed me that tomorrow is national pizza day.  So, pizza is being saved for tomorrow.)

11.  read-aloud during the dc's lunch (Charlie Brown book about the Constitutional Convention)

12.  eat lunch (by myself)

13.  morning devotions w/ older dc (yes, this is out of order)

14.  15 minutes of cleaning

15.  help littles sort through all.of.their.papers -- they're mini hoarders when it comes to their "art"

16.  figure out what to make for dinner and make it

17.  eat dinner

18.  maybe go to the gym/give dd9 and dd11 swimming lessons

19.  bedtime snack/evening devotions

20.  work on Cooking Curriculum

21.  work on Political Science Curriculum

22.  teach Spanish lesson on careers to dd13 and ds15

23. schedule an orthodontist appt. for dd11 to get braces

24. copy science test for dd11 (and grade it)

25. give spelling test to dd9

26. do 4 pages of math with dd5

27. do a puzzle with dd5

ETA:  crossouts

ETA:  This list is helping me to get a lot done.  I might have to stop by more often!

ETA: Yay, Me!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

Good Morning!  :D

Mrs. Hound...this way of eating so does work!  Congratulations ..awesome, just awesome!!  :party:

Amy...so glad you got to spend time with your family!  :thumbup1:

MomtoCandJ..best wishes on great exam grades...you can do it!!  :thumbup:

SKL...I don't know how you do it...do you ever sleep 8 hours?  

Melissa.. :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   and happy dance your hubby home :001_wub: .

Today:

back on plan 100% --I weigh in officially on Wednesday. 

deep clean the main floor of the house...clean floors --this will take me all day as I'm purging rearranging furniture and such.

exercise

Have a great day everyone!! 

• Like 3

Thinking of all of you this morning. Congrats and hugs all around. Regular day here, still super (hah!) happy about the Broncos' win last night.

To do:

School for all

Bills

Laundry

Start packing for trip

Clean kitchen/general pick up

PM practice/aikido

Bank/post office

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Well, I was dumb and I knew it.  I went to bed at 6am with 2 alarms set for 6:30.  Didn't drag my butt out of bed and wake the kids until 7:15.  Bus picks up at 7:40.  I am an awesome mom!  :P

I was laughing though, as they ran down the street at 7:38.  They got their morning run in!  I am sure it's good for them on some level.

I may need an intervention.  :P

I went back to bed after they left.  I slept until 11:something.  While this was not the plan, the world did not crumble, so I guess all is well.

• Like 3

Nothing is getting accomplished today. I'm feeling yucky.. ds is on the couch sick and dd slept until almost noon. Not like her at ALL so I knew she needed it. Dh is on night shift this week so he's still asleep and I can't go to the store until he wakes up. I should be doing something ​but here I sit.

• Like 1

Let's see if writing down what I have accomplished will help me get started on all the other things I need to accomplish.

Human care done

Pet care done including doggie exercise.  I did not know that Rocky has come to expect it at a certain time until he came to sit in front of me and barked impatiently.  Ok - I get it!  We need to be sure to do doggie exercise time!

Medical care - only partly done.   To do next:  call in prescription and give myself my shots.

Dishwasher was emptied (dd)

Dishwasher was filled - me.  I need to actually run the darn thing since just being full will do nothing.

Ds has been to work and back.

Dh is at work.

I need to start laundry. 

Called in prescription and gave myself my shots

Started the dishwasher.

Brought two loads of laundry up to fold.  Now I have to actually fold them!

had lunch

walked at the Y and met my step goal.  Everything from here on out is gravy (though that might be a bad choice of word)

grocery shopped

pushed a stupid old dog who doesn't know how to appreciate a beautiful sunny day outside and am refusing to pay attention to his mournful looks at the door.

School only about 2/3 done, but we just ran out of time and energy.

Errands done, but not successfully. Changed my mind about Valentines stuff and didn't get the package mailed. Line at the PO was incredible, at least 35 people. Will use the kiosk tomorrow.

Did get in some NME review with DD while she was making valentines. Love Quizlet!

Did call my mom.

Did clean up and tidy.

Did get my laundry washed.

Did look carefully over the family calendar and update it.

Did reconcile YNAB.

Dinner was chili mac, a little spicier than the kids really like. Oh well, it is cheap and they ate it with lots of sour cream.

Pup is asleep on his bed.

Dh and Ds are at basketball.

I am going to get dessert and go watch Downton Abbey.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

I cleaned up on refrigerator shelf.

I have supper made even though dd's friend, who was supposed to leave before supper, is still here.  I don't think either of the girls would want to eat what I cooked anyway and they are teens so they can get something of their own if they are hungry.  So not a big deal but I feel a tiny bit like I'm lacking in the hostess department.