Menu

Anonymous Flowers - It's driving me crazy!

Tenaj

Last night we were out pretty late for my ds's homecoming/senior night celebration at the school where he plays basketball.  When we got home an FTD floral box is on the table address to me.  Beautiful flowers inside, with a card that says, "Thanks for all you do, did, done . . . . "  and no name!  

I'm very thankful for the flowers but am wondering what to do now.  I understand that if someone wants to be anonymous it's their privilege and I appreciate the thought but since these were obviously ordered online, I'm wondering if whoever did sent them didn't realize that because they didn't type their name in the section with the message there would be no indication of where they came from.

Now I'm worried that whoever sent them will expect a thank-you but will never get it!  Or is it really anonymous!  Is someone expecting a phone call today?  an email?  a fb post?    

I hate these types of situations!

I'd also post on Facebook, giving thanks and explaining there was no card (and that I am wondering if it meant to be anonymous or not?). That way, if the person is one of your contacts, they'll know there was no card? (Which, if it was their intention then that's fine). Enjoy your flowers :)

• Like 3

Phone the florist who delivered and ask who the sender is.  Unless the sender wants it to be a secret the florist should be able to tell you who placed the order.  

No way to tell, just a box that was left on the porch.  Thankfully my daughter was home but didn't get to the door in time to discover who the deliverer was.  It was just a FTD box.

I'd also post on Facebook, giving thanks and explaining there was no card (and that I am wondering if it meant to be anonymous or not?). That way, if the person is one of your contacts, they'll know there was no card? (Which, if it was their intention then that's fine). Enjoy your flowers :)

That's a good idea.  Maybe I'll take a picture and post that.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On my anniversary, I get flowers delivered and it never has a card. Dh swears he's going to find this secret admirer one day and tell him off. 

My dh said that he was wishing he could claim responsibility so unless he is exercising a better poker face than he usually has, it wasn't him.