Menu

Portable batteries

Mama Geek

I was given as a gift a portable battery for charging things like phones, kindles, etc.  I have no idea what to do with it.  When we travel, we travel by car so we don't spend time anytime on mass transit or anything like that.  I have always just thrown in either my car charger or wall charger when traveling.  If you use one when do you use it?

• Like 1

I use mine on extra-long errand / outing days, when I end up spending plenty of down time on my phone in public places. I suppose I could use a wall charger, for example, while 'watching' my kids' gymnastics... But I prefer to feel self-reliant.

Also, they are fantastic for camping.

Edited by bolt.
  • Like 1

I'd never seen one of those until recently. A friend of my wife's was visiting us for a few days. She has one of those and used it on her Huawei Android phone. Very cool. You do not need to be connected by cable, and I think it was charged up almost instantly?  My wife and I just bought new Motorola Android phones.  I am not pleased with how quickly the battery drains, while mine is on standby.  Since you have one now, it may come in handy, when you can't charge via cable.  

I use one. I'm not great at remembering to charge my phone, so I received three of these as gifts last year. I guess people want me to be more accessible? LOL

I keep one in each car and one in my bag.  I fly a lot, so it has also come in handy on longer flights and multi-leg trips. Airports have been slow to set up charging stations and outlets are few and far outside of hub airports!

• Like 1

I take mine with me on long field trips in the bus. I cant charge my phone in the bus and I use my phone to study. I can recharge my phone 3+ times with my battery. When the power went out we were able to use our phones and text and have fun with others. Phone lasted through out the power outage 2 days.

• Like 1

We've used them for bus trips, flights, evening meetings, concerts, camping, and at work when not near an outlet. 

Also helpful when transporting a carload of teens and not everyone has access to the car charger.

Edited by Pippen