Menu

New arrival today - Kitchenaid Mixer arrived today!!! HA

sheryl

What a statement appliance in the kitchen - huh?    Professional Series 6 Cobalt Blue! 

I explored a bit and washed the beaters and bowl.   Looking forward to buying the flat edge beater coming out for the lifts the end of this month!

OK, send me your basic recipe - a starter recipe for this machine! LOL!

I'm intimidated by the beaters and use this one for such and thus and the other for that and so on.  That means you start out using a beater and finish with another one all together?

• Like 1

I use the basic flat beater for just about everything. Wire whisk for whipping cream. I would use my dough hook to make dough if I made dough, but I don't, so I don't. :)

This. All of it. :iagree: :)

My most basic recipe is cook meat, chicken or pork, put in KA mixer with flat beater, shred.

Awesome for pulled pork or buffalo chicken dip, and so much quicker and easier than using forks!!!

We had bbq shredded pork loin cooked in Instant Pot, shredded in KA mixer for supper just a couple hours ago. :)

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 4

ok, I may have misread the info on the beaters.  am re-reading now and maybe calling ka if needed.

Don't even worry about it -- you can get as fancy or as basic as you want with it.

When I make royal icing or mayo I use the whisk to whisk the eggs.

Anything else that'd I'd use, say, a hand beater for, I just use the basic flat beater at the speed I need.  Stirring in an ingredient calls for the slowest speed, whipping butter and sugar together requires pretty fast.

It's a pretty awesome mixer, but don't make it too complicated.  :)

• Like 1

Don't even worry about it -- you can get as fancy or as basic as you want with it.

When I make royal icing or mayo I use the whisk to whisk the eggs.

Anything else that'd I'd use, say, a hand beater for, I just use the basic flat beater at the speed I need.  Stirring in an ingredient calls for the slowest speed, whipping butter and sugar together requires pretty fast.

It's a pretty awesome mixer, but don't make it too complicated.  :)

That is funny as the KA rep told me the same thing LOL! :)

I'll relax.  DD and I are getting ready to make basic sugar cookies.  I'm sure it will take some time getting use to it but hey all the more reason to bake a lot!

It won't take too long to get used to it.  In no time, you'll wonder how you got along without it.  One of my favorite things about having a stand mixer, which hasn't even been mentioned, is that I can clean up the kitchen while it's mixing.  Generally, by the time it's finished mixing (2 or 3 minutes), I've put all the ingredients away and rinsed all my measuring utensils and put them in the dishwasher.  Then, when it's finished and I've emptied the bowl, I only have 2 or 3 things to wash (bowl, beater, and spatula), then I wipe down the mixer, and I'm finished!

• Like 2

It won't take too long to get used to it.  In no time, you'll wonder how you got along without it.  One of my favorite things about having a stand mixer, which hasn't even been mentioned, is that I can clean up the kitchen while it's mixing.  Generally, by the time it's finished mixing (2 or 3 minutes), I've put all the ingredients away and rinsed all my measuring utensils and put them in the dishwasher.  Then, when it's finished and I've emptied the bowl, I only have 2 or 3 things to wash (bowl, beater, and spatula), then I wipe down the mixer, and I'm finished!

Yes, Suzanne, you are right!  DD and I made simple sugar cookie batter today.  We doubled the recipe and there was still soooooo much room left in the bowl.  We were doing just that - putting things away, etc.  It is great! 

On another yet related note, the consistency of the cookie batter is supreme.  It's so much better.  That's exactly what our neighbor said of her new stand KA mixer, that the mixer just makes excellent consistency.  She's right. 

I'm looking forward to using my bowl-lift a lot.  It gets everything off the bottom and I have room to add ingredient on the sides so I'm pleased with this purchase!

• Like 1

Dump some whipping cream in, beat til fluffy, eat with a spoon.

You're welcome.

I guess you could be civilized and top berries or waffles or pie with it . . . maybe even add a little sugar when beating, but none of that is strictly necessary.

Do you have a waffle iron? My favorite waffle recipe involves meringue.