Menu

Ebay question

Haiku

How do sellers calculate their shipping costs? I have a skirt that was given to me by a friend. It doesn't fit and it's brand new. I thought about selling it on Ebay but if I have to go the post office to find out how much shipping to charge, I'm just going to donate it.

Tara

Do you have a kitchen scale?

If you do package it up (don't seal it of course) and weigh it and then you can go onto the USPS website and calculate the shipping it will cost to various places. I usually just figure a place far far from me so I can get the best (or worse, however you may think of it) scenario.

I don't sell on ebay anymore, haven't in years, but that's how I used to do it when I did.

Hope that helps. :001_smile:

There is a calculator for figuring out shipping. It is part of your ad. You decide you want to use the automatic shipping calculator and the seller types in his zip code and it figures the postage for each buyer.

You just have to decide what your box will weight...1 pounds, 2 pounds..etc. I have a scale at home now since I occasionally sell stuff on ebay, but before that, I would take an educated guess..when in doubt, go higher.