Menu

Spanish audiobook service like Audible or Scribd?

My children love audiobooks and I am looking for more Spanish audiobooks.  Our library, Librivox and Audible have some, but the selection is very small compared to what is available in English.  Finding books that are not translations is particularly difficult.  Google is not helping today.  Are there any services like Audible in Spanish speaking countries?

• 5 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about finding non translated books; English has a much more active field of children's literature than most other languages; books translated from English make up a significant portion of what Spanish speaking kids read.

Could you pay for access to a library with more Spanish audiobooks?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Reading A to Z (RAZ Plus) would work for Immersion Reading, but the stories are English translations. The books are also K - 6th. It is a subscription service that is about $100/yr on HSBC.

Does this sie have read aloud books? Hmmm, I never knew that! I wonder if the French ones have that audio option as well.

Does this sie have read aloud books? Hmmm, I never knew that! I wonder if the French ones have that audio option as well.

Yes, it will read the books aloud in Spanish and then (optionally) present a short quiz in Spanish at the end of the book.

French works the same way.

The reading is a little fast for beginners; that was our only problem. However, the reading is no faster than a person would speak.

• 2 weeks later...