Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

Dear Catwoman: Thank you for the Update in post #713.  Prayers answered.  I will continue praying for your DH and the doctors and nurses and everyone who is taking care of him, including you and your son.  Take it one day at a time. None of us know if we have another 20 minutes or another 20 years.  Gentle virtual hugs are on their way to you, from Colombia. Lanny

• Like 1

SO happy for you! And so impressed with your husband's attitude! My ex husband had a kidney transplant and well,  I don't think he has the same attitude. Of course, there is a reason he's an ex. 

You have a great man there, who is doing everything right, as are you. Only thing I'll suggest is to contact a local church and ask if he can be put on the list to receive the Eucharist at home? And have a priest visit and pray for him? I think he could even have the rite of annointing of the sick (it's not "last rites" and doesn't mean you are dying, that's a myth). Adding spiritual healing to everything else you are doing can only help, and might help with his attitude and hope on the days when things are hard. 

Hugs! So happy!

So very glad for this good news!  Very glad. And your dh sounds like a very special guy. The way you described his motivations as being for his family but also for the donor---very selfless motivations that will take him a long way. Expressing gratitude by doing one's best to heal is awesome. I hope the road ahead is as smooth as possible and will continue to pray.