Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

AMAZING UPDATE -- Sorry I haven't been online but things have been busy, exhausting, and crazy... but I have unbelievable news -- my dh is out of the hospital and back at the hotel with us!!! :hurray:

He did incredibly well and the new liver seems to be an excellent match so far. The doctors and nurses said he is one of the most highly motivated patients they have seen. He did everything they told him to do and then did extra. He was so determined to get well quickly. He said he was doing it for our family but also for the person who donated the liver to him and that person's family. He also said he knows that the liver he got could have also saved another person if he hadn't gotten it, so he feels obligated to take the best possible care of it for that reason as well.

What a wonderful attitude and way to honor the donor!  Says a lot about your guy!

May all continue to go well!

• Like 1

Oh, Cat!  How wonderful!

...I know its a hard road ahead of you with all the meds and logistics and everything... but to be out of the hospital, to be together properly the three of you, to have the hardest stretch behind you... I am so happy for you.

:grouphug:

May we always have good news to celebrate together!  ...you and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers - and I'll be watching for the next update with (G-d willing) even more good news!

What wonderful news! I will continue to pray for the entire situation - health for your husband, transition into your new normal and working out the logistics. 

A thought - can you ask if he can go to a local lab and have his blood drawn instead of traveling to the surgeon's office so frequently? That might help with the distance you have to travel (I assume since you are in a hotel you are more than an hour from the hospital & surgeons, if that's wrong, then this suggestion isn't needed). 

Cat, thank you so much for your update.

I lost my only sister to liver failure in '92. I don't like to talk about that much, but I'm thrilled to hear about your dh's courage and his wonderful attitude.

Edited by Guest