Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

Oh my!  I've been off the boards too long, it seems.  I'm so glad the surgery as gone so well and that you are in a wonderful, supportive setting.  We will pray for continued success, strength, and NO infection.  I'm so happy for you all!  A good friend of ours from residency training is a liver transplant surgeon :). 

Almost afraid to post because the thread is so long and I don't want to blow something up on the forum. :lol:  BUT, this latest update is excellent news. Thank God for small mercies like cleaning personnel who draw maps... :)

Praying for clean healing and steady recovery, a little better every day. May the worst be over.

• Like 1

Catwoman ("La Mujer de Gato" in Spanish) thank you for the Update in Post 660.  It sounds like things are going very well for your DH. This is all very tricky and while the transplant team can foresee many potential problems, before the transplant surgery, they are not able to predict how every patient will react to different things and they need to play it by ear, with each patient.  There will probably be quite a bit of adjusting medicines and doses, until they get your DH on the proper ones.  The staff in the hospital sounds great.  Your DH and his doctors, nurses and everyone who is taking care of him continue in my prayers.  Now that the 2nd surgery is over, hopefully every day your DH will get a little stronger and his recovery will go well. This is kind of a "Science Fiction" type of surgery. A miracle that they can do that kind of transplant.   :hurray:

• Like 2