Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Soooo relieved to hear from you!!!

As an ICU nurse, ICU is insane!  For the patient, for the family, for the medical team!

Hydrate, dear girl. Eat, dear girl. Please try to rest, dear girl.

2 steps forward. 1 step back. Is the ICU Mantra.

Hugs and love from everyone.

Breathe....

• Like 22

Thanks for the update, don't feel bad at all about not updating sooner! None of us wants to put more pressure on you, we're relieved to have a going-OK progress report and really are just all hoping the best for you and your family. Take care of yourself and your people and do know that we are all thinking and praying for you and your dh.

• Like 13

So good to hear an update--thanks for checking in. Choosing to believe the medical team knows best and that things are all on track for your dh tomorrow. I've done the sleeping in ICU thing with oldest dd--praying you can get some sleep and restore yourself a bit. Hugs to you and your son.

Thank you for the update. I've been keeping you in my thoughts all day. I hope you can rest tonight. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts tomorrow. May the procedure go well so your dh can be on the road to recovery.

Many hugs. :grouphug:

Cat,  Thank you for the update.  Your dh has been through a lot!  That is a tremendous amount of pressure for the body and I'm hopeful he'll regain a healthy balance in time.  So often it takes time for meds to kick in. 

Praying for all of you......

:grouphug:

Again, I'm so sorry I haven't posted sooner. I am running on empty right now. If I'm lucky, I have slept two or three hours in the past few nights. I was hoping things would be looking up a bit more by tonight so I could relax a little, but no such luck. My ds and I are spending almost 24/7 in the hospital room.

I'm glad you updated us, but of course there's no need to feel bad. Yes we were concerned, but your first priority now is taking care of you. You need to be ready to take care of your dh, so try to eat, stay hydrated, and grab some sleep. 

Hopefully they can get the bp issue solved, so everything else is able to stay on track.

More hugs.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 5

I decided to check one more time for an update before heading to bed and was so thankful to see your message. Don't worry about us! Just try to eat and rest and we'll all keep praying and thinking of you and your family continually. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Thank you for updating. I've been checking every hour or so all day. Don't come back here anymore if it takes away from taking care of your dh, son, or yourself, though. Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. Just take care of you. Eat, drink, and sleep so you don't get sick.

• Like 5

If you apologize one more time I will whip you with my feather whip.

You take care. We are all with you in whatever way we can be. I just lit a candle (which is a way of extending prayer--pray and light the candle which stands as light in the darkness and reminds one to pray again) for you and your dh and ds.

Been thinking about you and your family all day; I hope your DH stabilizes overnight and you have a good report in the AM.

FINALLY, ANOTHER UPDATE -- I'm so sorry I haven't posted an update but things have been a roller coaster here, and then when I finally had a few minutes, I realized that my iPad had gone dead and the charger was at the hotel. :glare:

The surgeons were able to solve the blood flow issue, but now there is a problem with his heart rate being too fast and his blood pressure being too high. They seem to have made progress on the heart rate, but the bp is still way too high. They seem to think it is an electrolyte imbalance issue and not a serious cardiac problem, but I don't think they are sure about it. It's scary to see them giving dh more and more medications and nothing working. I hope they are able to solve the problem soon because my dh is scheduled for the fascia closure surgery tomorrow (where they reopen the incision, pull all of the muscle and tissue back together tightly and staple it all up.) He is also scheduled for the first drug regiment to knock out his immune system. So tomorrow is a big day and I'm very worried about all of it, especially in light of this heart and blood pressure thing.

The doctors and nurses seem to think they will be able to fix everything but it's hard not to worry.

Again, I'm so sorry I haven't posted sooner. I am running on empty right now. If I'm lucky, I have slept two or three hours in the past few nights. I was hoping things would be looking up a bit more by tonight so I could relax a little, but no such luck. My ds and I are spending almost 24/7 in the hospital room.

I can't even begin to describe how I felt when I opened this thread tonight and read all of your posts. Every post means so much to me. I will never be able to thank you all enough for your hugs, support, and prayers. There are just no words to describe how grateful I am.

Thanks for the update! :grouphug: :grouphug: I remember my dad's BP rollercoastering in ICU after his heart surgery. They had to keep administering meds to counteract the meds they gave him. BP would raise so they'd give him stuff to drop it up, then it'd get low, so they'd give meds/minerals(??) to raise it. It was quite the day. In the end, we ended up having to leave his recovery room because it seemed he was trying to wake up too quickly to try to respond to us that kept raising his BP up. They were better able to keep it balanced in check when we stayed out of the room- he wasn't trying to wake up to reassure anybody when it was just a stranger nurse in there.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Continued health and healing light for you all. I hope you and DS are able to get some rest and good nutrition.

• Like 2