Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

We got the phone call to go to the liver transplant center at 4:30am, and my dh just went in to surgery at 9:00. Update -- the nurse gave us an update and the surgery actually started at 10:10am EST, and it should take somewhere between 4 and 6 hours.

I know this is what we have been waiting for, but I am so scared and worried.

I would really appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts, healing thoughts, white light, or any other good feelings that anyone can send his way. This is such a serious surgery and it will take 4-6 hours, so I may not have any updates for a while, but I'll post more info as soon as I hear anything.

My poor ds15 is so worried about his dad. We are both just sitting here in the waiting room and hoping for good news. Waiting is so hard.

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 38

The waiting is so hard. MIL had a kidney transplant.

I was talking with a young woman in the surgical waiting area and she recently had a kidney transplant. She was still in a lot of pain. Her parents were with her and they seemed like such a nice family. I hope she is okay. I didn't ask how old she was, but she was definitely no older than her early twenties.

We got the phone call to go to the liver transplant center at 4:30am, and my dh just went in to surgery at 9:00.

I know this is what we have been waiting for, but I am so scared and worried.

I would really appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts, healing thoughts, white light, or any other good feelings that anyone can send his way. This is such a serious surgery and it will take 4-6 hours, so I may not have any updates for a while, but I'll post more info as soon as I hear anything.

My poor ds15 is so worried about his dad. We are both just sitting here in the waiting room and hoping for good news. Waiting is so hard.

Dear Cat!  You got it.  Prayers here today.  Please just you and your ds focus on each other!  Here on the wtm we'll keep this post up until you reply.

I know this is what you all have been waiting for.  PRAYING!!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Edited by sheryl
  • Like 3

Wow, that was fast! 4:30am to 9am! Your DH and you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. I hope everything goes smoothly and your DH has a good recovery. :grouphug:

Thank you! I didn't know how long a wait was to be expected, but the nurses told us that things were moving amazingly quickly. It seemed to us like it was taking forever because we were just sitting there waiting, but then when it was time for him to actually go into surgery the time flew by and I wished we'd had more time to talk before he went in.

Dear Cat! You got it. Prayers here today. Please just you and your ds focus on each other! Here on the wtm we'll keep this post up until you reply.

I know this is what you all have been waiting for. PRAYING!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you so much, sheryl! I appreciate the prayers so much.

Wow! 

Praying for all of you right now.

Praying for you and your son as you are waiting. Praying for your husband and the transplant team.

Said a prayer for him. He's going to feel so much better with his new liver.

Praying for you. I am sure you are all so nervous!

Praying.

Thank you all so much. I can't begin to tell you how much your support means to me. :grouphug:

Praying :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I know how hard it was when my nephew had his heart transplant. The transplant team and all the nurses in the ICU were wonderful. Do you have people in our life who can spell you at times so that you can get some rest, good food and a shower?

Thanks, Jean! Right now, it's just my ds and I here at the hospital, but we will find a way to manage. We will probably be at the hospital pretty much 24/7. It will be hard but we have done it in the past when dh was in the hospital, so at least we know what to expect.

Sending hugs and prayers and good thoughts and more hugs!

Update as you can.

Hugs and prayers! I hope everything goes smoothly! Please make sure you eat and rest.

:grouphug: Cat  :grouphug:  Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts.

Prayers for your husband and the transplant team. You'll be in my thoughts today.

Praying for everyone!

Thank you -- I'll post updates as soon as I hear anything.

:grouphug: Oh. My. Gosh.  You have been such a pillar of strength for this entire board for literally, YEARS!  Prayers and best wishes for a smooth and successful procedure and a speedy and uneventful recovery!  As a nurse, may I gently remind you to take care of yourselves as well.  Hydration is your friend!  Don't forget to eat...even a small snack at fairly regular intervals even if you don't "feel" hungry.  As caregivers, you also need your strength!  What a blessing this is for your family.   :)

• Like 8

Praying for your dh, Cat, as well as for you and ds as you wait.  :grouphug:  :grouphug: I think that's probably the kind of surgery that you aren't quite ready for no matter how anxiously you have been waiting for it. Praying for peace for your anxious hearts, healing and success with the surgery, and wisdom for the medical team(s).

• Like 1