Menu

Online German LA for Native Speakers (X-Post)

Tsuga

My daughter wants to quit her German class. She can speak German but needs academic German to become fluent. One hour isn't doing her much good anyway. I hate the drive and the timing. She is motivated to do the work online. I don't have time to create and manage a curriculum. 

I looked at Goethe and that looks a bit basic for her vocab-wise, but the right level grammar-wise (she is 9, third grade). She has the active and passive vocabulary of a 1st-2nd grader I suppose, grammar the same.

I can hire a tutor no doubt BUT I'm looking for something online for the remainder of the year and seeing how it goes. Thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT: My goal is to have her bring her German up to grade level at least so that she can be on track for the DSD 1 and 2 by high school so she can be eligible for study in Germany if prices here go up too much. The incentive for her is that I am keeping money in our flexible ed savings account for study abroad if she continues study.

Edited by Tsuga