Menu

photos on ipad

Roadrunner

I installed a third party app on my laptop (Windows) that worked out pretty well for that purpose. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head (not in front of my laptop right now), but I just googled "transfer files from iPad to Windows computer" and I found a little app to install on the laptop that easily lets you transfer files when the iPad is plugged into the computer. I would think there might be a similar application to do that on a Mac?

When I plug the iPad into my Mac, it automatically opens iPhoto and asks if I want to download the photos from the iPad. Is your Mac not recognizing the iPad when you connect them (i.e. does it not show up in the shared devices list on the left)?

That's what I am hoping for, but It's not recognizing. Should I just take it down to the apple store?

Does the Mac recognize the iPad, but iPhoto can't see it, or does the Mac not see it at all? Is the software up to date? If the Mac sees it but iPhoto doesn't, I would make sure the current version of iPhoto is on both devices. (Once when DS updated the OS on his Mac, it would no longer sync with his old iPod because the version of iTunes on the iPod was no longer compatible with the one on the Mac, and it was too old to be updated.) If the Mac doesn't recognize the iPad at all, then I'd try a different cable, and if that doesn't work I'd probably take it to the Apple store (but not on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend!).

Does the Mac recognize the iPad, but iPhoto can't see it, or does the Mac not see it at all? Is the software up to date? If the Mac sees it but iPhoto doesn't, I would make sure the current version of iPhoto is on both devices. (Once when DS updated the OS on his Mac, it would no longer sync with his old iPod because the version of iTunes on the iPod was no longer compatible with the one on the Mac, and it was too old to be updated.) If the Mac doesn't recognize the iPad at all, then I'd try a different cable, and if that doesn't work I'd probably take it to the Apple store (but not on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend!).

Tha Mac doesn't see the ipad at all. I will try the different wire.

Can't you just drag and drop? I'm working with Windows and an iPhone, but when I plug it into the computer it shows in my file manager, and shows Internal Storage as a sub-folder. Under that is a folder DCIM, and under that several more folders each of which contain photos. I then drag / cut and paste them into my photo folder on my computer.

ETA: I don't use ITunes for this.

Edited by nd293

My last iPhone must have had a bad driver as it suddenly stopped being able to move photos to my computer. It would recognize my DH laptop so he would put them on a stick thingy, ( sorry can't remember what it's called) and then I could save them on my computer. So yes, I think a trip

To the Apple Store is needed. It should be an obvious some action.

Can you download Dropbox or This Life? We have them on our phones and any pics dh and I take will upload to their site. Then we can access them online nd download to the computer. It has saved us a few times, since dh used to have a bad habit of destroying his phones by dropping them in the lake while fishing, lol.