Menu

I survived...

Rachel

13 extra children over for my son's birthday party! This was supposed to be a low key party, but a couple extra siblings came and a family I wasn't expecting also came. It was wild!

I'm really introverted and like things a certain way. I prefer just one or two extra people, but my son really wanted all his friends over and before I knew it there were 16 kids playing chase on the loop through my living room and kitchen. It was loud, I'm not a big fan of party games but was relieved to have a couple to help bring the energy level down. My son accidentally dumped half a gallon of lemonade on the floor when the lid popped off the pitcher, orange icing got on my new couch (it came off), and a dad gave his baby one of my precious honey crisp apples (clearly he doesn't know how expensive they are). The party was a lot of fun though and my son loved it. My youngest loved all the chaos, he was running around with the big kids. My daughter wants her party to be exactly the same next month, I'm not sure my husband will be up for it by then.

• Like 4

My now 8 year old was awake until midnight and up by 7. I guess the excitement got to him. He's normally in bed by 8 and up sometime after 8.

That sounds wild! Did they all leave about the same time or did some of them hang around making your party last longer than you intended?

All but one boy left around the same time, his mom had a memorial service to attend so I knew he would be late. Edited by Rach