Menu

FYI SAT score report delay

FYI-

Dd just received the following email, not very specific as to if she was actually affected but still worrying:

Processing of rush SAT® score report orders placed on or after Oct. 15, 2015, is taking longer than expected, and your scores are among a set that have not yet been sent to universities. We will deliver score reports as soon as possible. For colleges that allow self-reporting on their applications, you can view your scores online and report them directly.

We are reaching out to colleges with early action/early decision deadlines of Nov. 1 to make them aware of the situation, and we are encouraging them be flexible should scores arrive late.   If you ordered your score reports for rush delivery on or after Oct. 15, you will receive a refund of the $31 fee if your order was not fulfilled within two business days from the time your order was placed. Please allow 5–10 business days for the credit to appear on your credit card or PayPal account.   We recognize the importance of timely score delivery and apologize for the inconvenience.   

The College Board

We just ordered rushed SAT scores this week, but my daughter has not received an email stating the scores will be delayed.  It could still happen.  This process is stressful enough without anything additional!  Hope it is fixed soon, and the schools are understanding.

Pauline

Actually, depending on when you took the ACT that might not help.  There was an announcement on the admissions page for one of the schools dd is applying to that said the Oct 24 ACT scores are delayed until December and that if you were trying to apply early decision/early action with those scores you need to switch your application to regular decision.  (They would also consider your application early with any other scores you may have.)

I don't know what is going on with the testing companies but-wow-I had not factored this into the process...

Actually, depending on when you took the ACT that might not help.  There was an announcement on the admissions page for one of the schools dd is applying to that said the Oct 24 ACT scores are delayed until December and that if you were trying to apply early decision/early action with those scores you need to switch your application to regular decision.  (They would also consider your application early with any other scores you may have.)

I don't know what is going on with the testing companies but-wow-I had not factored this into the process...

Fortunately, dds took the ACT last spring, so the scores themselves are long since out - just need to have them sent to schools now.

Sigh.  One of my dds took that SAT too - it was supposed to be a retake to improve her scores.  With the dropped sections, her score actually went down.  Hence using the ACT scores instead!

My daughter took THAT SAT also.  I didn't really need more reasons to hate CB, but my younger two are only taking the ACT as a protest.  (One is probably, and the other is definitely not NM material, so there's almost certain to be no compelling reason to take the SAT.)

Really??  That is so disappointing!  There will be many frustrated students and parents because of this.

Dd took the messed up SAT, but didn't do too bad. Then she took the SAT Subject Tests in October. She wants higher scores on her Physics, so she is only applying EA to schools who don't want those and taking it again in November. We requested her SAT scores, once we decided not to send the Subject Tests, last week. I looked last night, and she is delayed. :(

She did send ACT scores long ago, but she wanted them to have both.

I've done more research, and I'm glad our state gives the ACT. Dd took it at the local high school and I had the scores sent months ago. Apparently those scores will be enough at her two EA schools to "complete her file" so they will consider her for EA, and her SAT scores will probably join her file in time to be considered as well. They are pretty comparable anyway.

It looks like College Board solved the problem by sending those scores multiple times.  It seems they have nearly caught up on their reporting.  I did get an email from one major state university today stating they had extended their deadline for EA applications by a week to allow for reporting to catch up.

This notice seems to cover some of the issue https://lp.collegeboard.org/sat-electronic-score-report-delivery-faq 

Despite my initial read of that link it isn't just the Oct 2015 test score reporting that is affected but requests for scores from any date that were made in October.

It looks like College Board solved the problem by sending those scores multiple times. It seems they have nearly caught up on their reporting. I did get an email from one major state university today stating they had extended their deadline for EA applications by a week to allow for reporting to catch up.

This notice seems to cover some of the issue https://lp.collegeboard.org/sat-electronic-score-report-delivery-faq

Despite my initial read of that link it isn't just the Oct 2015 test score reporting that is affected but requests for scores from any date that were made in October.

It didn't occur to me to check on score reports that were ordered in Oct but were from earlier exams. Grr.

CB is not covering themselves in glory lately. Now we have one more thing to check on.

I have a long and rather negative relationship with the college board, and this does not improve my impression of them.

Well I think it's important to remember how highly they value customer impressions of the organization and how hard they work to make sure that the situation is made right.  And of course there is their commitment to give refunds in cases where customers aren't satisfied with the experience or their willingness to give refunds when they don't provide services as advertised, like delivering score reports on time.

Oh right.  They don't do any of this.

Score reports are over $10 a pop, to send an electronic file or a snail mail report.  It's like you're paying them to set it up in movable type.

• Like 3

The admissions counselor at the university my son is applying for early admissions was willing and able to call CB and get the scores over the phone.  Apparently CB does do that at the school's request, assuming the student has already paid the reporting fee.

Well I think it's important to remember how highly they value customer impressions of the organization and how hard they work to make sure that the situation is made right.  And of course there is their commitment to give refunds in cases where customers aren't satisfied with the experience or their willingness to give refunds when they don't provide services as advertised, like delivering score reports on time.

Oh right.  They don't do any of this.

Score reports are over $10 a pop, to send an electronic file or a snail mail report.  It's like you're paying them to set it up in movable type.

Supposedly they are refunding the extra amount charged for rush scores due to this current debacle. I don't know if that has happened but it was in one of their emails.