Menu

Patricia: Where can I find the SYRWTLS materials in the U.S.?

Begonia

I've googled So You Really Want to Learn Spanish and found that Amazon sells the books; actually, it sells new and used copies of Book I and mostly used copies of Book 2. Is there an American source for the CD that goes along with Book 2? Or does it have to be ordered from Galore Press in the U.K.? Is the CD necessary?

My dd, aged 13, has used En Espanol by McDougal Littel, along with the workbook, interactive CD, and online quizzes for Spanish I. It's been a reasonably good choice, but I like the fact that SYRWTLS seems to have a stronger focus on grammar. Dd will be studying Latin throughout high school, but she would like to continue with her Spanish studies at her own pace (I can't help her with Latin, but I'm fairly fluent in Spanish). Thank you for pointing us to these new materials. The SYRWTLS books look really good! :)

Based on the response from my similar post last week, I ordered directly from Book Depository in the UK. The order process went very smoothly, and the order has already shipped. I'm hoping it'll arrive this week.

I'm more comfortable ordering from someplace in the US, but Horrible books didn't have what I wanted and wouldn't be ordering for another month or so. Several people commented on the excellent service from Book Depository, so I purchased there.

Hillary, it's very sweet of you to let me know-- thank you! I've ordered the Spanish I book through AbeBooks in the U.S. so that I can compare it to the Spanish curriculum we're using this year. If it looks good, I plan to purchase the entire Galore Park Spanish II set (through BookDepository now that I know that they're so fast! :) ). By the way, my AbeBooks order is taking longer than your order from the U.K. :o