Menu

Inexpensive audiobook store/estore?

Our library does not have a big selection of audiobooks and an even smaller kids section. Where can I find an online store to purchase or "check out/rent" audiobooks. The sites I did find like Audible offered only one audiobook per month and Hoopla had very few young childrens chapter books.

Thanks!

You don't have to have a subscription to buy an audiobook on Audible. I often buy books through whispersync, where you buy the kindle book and get a discounted audible copy. This often ends up cheaper than the audiobook alone. They also have deals of the day and sales.

There are public domain ones where volunteers read, like Librivox. Your library may also have some available digitally through overdrive that you can check out that way. 

• Like 1

If a member of your family has a documented sight or learning disability, you could qualify for Learning Ally.  This site offers an unlimited human read book subscription service that even includes many textbooks from elementary through high school as well bestsellers and classics.  A significant portion of the books also has guided text, too. You can use the books on ipods and computers.  You must use their app for playback.  The service is $120 a year, but Homeschool Buyers co-op has an initial year discount.