Menu

CAP W&R Book 5 Outline

LolaT

This is not really a composition, just an outline, but I'm finding it difficult to know how to correct, critic, or give feedback on DD's outlines when I feel like they miss important points as I compare it to the sample outline. Writing is definitely not her strong suit so I want to provide as much help as possible in that area.

What would be a good way to mark and give feedback on the outline she did for this lesson?

post-17528-0-55782600-1443117652_thumb.jpg

post-17528-0-88480300-1443117812_thumb.jpg

Book 5 should arrive tomorrow in the mail. I haven't bought a teacher's edition yet, but I am wondering if you think the guide is helpful or necessary for this level. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am interested in the responses you receive and any advice you have for someone about finish Book 4 and jump into 5. Thanks!

Book 5 should arrive tomorrow in the mail. I haven't bought a teacher's edition yet, but I am wondering if you think the guide is helpful or necessary for this level. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am interested in the responses you receive and any advice you have for someone about finish Book 4 and jump into 5. Thanks!

I don't think the Teacher's Edition is absolutely necessary if you are pretty strong with writing. On the other hand, it's not horribly expensive so for me, it's a must. Now that I'm homeschooling three in different grades, it saves me time checking off multiple choice answers and even short answers if I don't have the time to read through everything myself.  The sample summaries, outlines, and amplifications give me a sense of where she's at.  Also, the Teacher's Edition has additional notes and tips here and there.  I also use the sample writings to give DD a better idea of where her writing should be at when she completely misses the mark. Sometimes, she just doesn't get it -what she's supposed to do, what the writing is supposed to look like without an actual example. So, yes, I would recommend getting it for the average user.