Menu

Anyone use Join.TV in the US?

3 ladybugs

What do you use to get it on your TV? I have a Roku but I don't think it works with that. I don't have that many slots on the back of my TV so would like to get something that would work well with Join and others. 

If you are not familiar with Join.TV it is a German language device or whatever, that makes it so you can stream 50+ channels from Germany, Switzerland and Austria. I want it so my children can watch german cartoons and favorite programs (like those on Discovery channel in the US) in german. I am pretty sure that my son would be speaking fluent german by the end of the year if we could find Top Gear in german that he could watch. LOL

No, but I would really love to figure it out!

I found a Spanish show on Netflix (it's like a WB-style show with pretty teens and some supernatural stuff mixed in), and my 14yo is watching it with me with the subtitles on and picking up a ton even though she quit Spanish a couple of years back.  I was watching it without subtitles to practice my Spanish, and dd thought it looked interesting and wanted to watch.  I'd love to find something like that in German.  Something with cliffhangers at the end of each episode like this one has...

Okay I talked to the principle of my son's school and he said you need the box. 😞 However the box is only $99 (plus $25 shipping😒). So it is on par with other boxes. However it works like a cable box so you can watch live tv, and one ups a cable box because you can see everything 2 weeks back too. You can also download shows to watch away from wifi.

It is $35 a month. You can get your box and 6 months for the price of 5 if you get it together.

Still it isn't for a casual German student (unless $300 is nothing to the family) but it seems reasonable.

He did say there are others out there that are okay. He will go over those with parents from the school in a few weeks. I will post back then.

Okay I cleared off my old Netbook and put Join on there. I had intended to make an Admin side and a side for my child but Join will not let me do that. 

When you download it, you get 5 channels for a trial. Disney, Nickelodeon, another that I found Bugs Bunny on, and 2 more. Not sure how to upgrade to the full version from this at this point. Bad thing about doing this if you don't speak german!

It seems to be good so far. I did it this morning and for free, you can't get much better! I think we will want it on the TV but for now this works. 

Okay I am in love! Today is a rainy day. We typically have quiet time when the 2 year old rests. My son was watching German the whole time! I decided to upgrade to the pay service and after a bit, I was able to see the whole thing. I clicked on movies and was quickly able to find my son's favorite movie Cars! The younger one even likes that movie. He wanted to watch something else though (hey, he is 2). 

I have been looking and looking for this for well over a year. And here it is. It is AMAZING! Well worth it and I have yet to find his "Top Gear" show.