Menu

Stuck!

Guest WithPnL

Guest WithPnL

We started Reading Eggs/ Math seeds after my 5 yr old got bored with ABCmouse and he LOVES it. We did the placement test and he placed on lesson xx ( don't remember buts it a good way ahead). The thing is, where it places him is quite too hard for him right now. Reading words like neck, woods etc and placing it under the right picture. What should I do? Going back is too easy but where he is is a bit too challenging.

With my boys I have them choose what they want to read and only ask them to do "Hard" lessons once or twice a week.  I let them choose from the "Easy" stuff the rest of the time.  This seems to be reinforcing the stuff they already know much better and then the hard ones aren't so bad.  

Disclaimer: I am not homeschooling but my boys decided they wanted to learn to read on their own so I have been working with them at home using McGuffy readers and early readers like Dick and Jane.  They are now up to reading Little Bear books with very few problems.  

• 4 weeks later...