Menu

Doug Wilson...again *Trigger Warning* See ETA

mommaduck

It is early and I'm on my first cup of coffee. Why does DW care so much about this guy? Is it just so he can show the world that prayer cures all evils? Is he hoping to make $$ curing pedophiles? Is he secretly in love and wants to keep him close by his side???

• Like 3

I thought the thread would be about Wilson's latest rant—that same sex marriage is far more evil than slavery—which, while perverse, would have been more welcome news than seeing that the serial paedophile Wilson protected, who he was instrumental in freeing from prison, and whose marriage he arranged and officiated, had molested his own baby.

Jesus wept.

Bill

• Like 33

I can't finish reading the article. The only thing that would have surprised me is if this didn't happen. I would guess his wife had totally lost her independent voice since she is under her husband's domination. That's no excuse, and I'm not defending her, just trying to understand how she could allow that, if she knew. Or she's frightened for her life. I just feel ill.

And I know people who sent their kids to that school wilson is connected with. Wonder if they still think so highly of him now.

• Like 1

I can't finish reading the article. The only thing that would have surprised me is if this didn't happen. I would guess his wife had totally lost her independent voice since she is under her husband's domination. That's no excuse, and I'm not defending her, just trying to understand how she could allow that, if she knew. Or she's frightened for her life. I just feel ill.

And I know people who sent their kids to that school wilson is connected with. Wonder if they still think so highly of him now.

I don't think she had much of an independent voice to begin with. My understanding is she was raised in the culture, the church and she does what she's told.

NOT that I let her off the hook. When you are a mother, you don't have the luxury of the excuse that you were raised to obey. You protect your child from sexual predators. Period! It cannot be denied though that these people create an environment where this stuff happens more easily.

• Like 6

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around what possible twisted motivations Doug Wilson has for protecting this guy. It's incomprehensible to me. This situation, however, does also seem to be the result of a colossal failure on the part of the civil authorities to do their jobs. This guy was sentenced to LIFE and served less than two years? And even now the guy is not going back to prison, and the judge is not removing the child from the home? What is going on here???

• Like 14

The wife probably didn't know what was going on, though maybe it's wishful thinking because I simply can't conceive of watching my baby be harmed by ANYONE and allowing it to happen. From the judge's statement, there was no previous requirement for the chaperone to have constant line-of-sight vision of him whenever he had contact with the baby (which should have been a no-brainer), so in spite of what the blog author says, we do not know for certain that the mother was aware of it.

ETA: After reading further, I see that the judge disqualified her as an approved chaperone for failing to disclose information about her son, so that does change my view.

• Like 1

I'm guessing whatever was going on happened during diaper changes, bathing, etc.; another adult wouldn't necessarily be watching closely enough to recognize the difference between abuse and normal interaction/cleaning.

Of course, those kinds of interactions should never have been allowed in this situation; I'm just not sure the mother, coming from an apparently naive background, would have known what to watch for. The fact that it might have happened in her presence does not necessarily mean that she was aware.

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around what possible twisted motivations Doug Wilson has for protecting this guy. It's incomprehensible to me. This situation, however, does also seem to be the result of a colossal failure on the part of the civil authorities to do their jobs. This guy was sentenced to LIFE and served less than two years? And even now the guy is not going back to prison, and the judge is not removing the child from the home? What is going on here???

This. I just don't understand.

• Like 1

Wilson posted this on Twitter/Facebook yesterday:

In light of recent Sitler hearing, the session of Christ Church is preparing a statement to be released in near future.

SMH that he won't even condemn the scumbag's actions now but has to wait for the church to prepare an official statement to share.

• Like 4

I can remember as a child my mom receiving these watch lists for organizations/companies that were promoting an "anti-christian" agenda. Maybe what needs to circulate is a watch list of "Christian leaders" whose ideas and theology should be avoided like the plague.

Dougie-boy could be in the top ten.

• Like 12

This is what I feared would happen. Marrying and producing biological children was an easy manner for Sitler to create his own victims, and given the sheer number of victims he has in his wake, this was virtually assured to be the case from the start. Sigh....I have to wonder what lovely skeletons the judge has in his own closet that would influence him to arrive at such a profoundly insane decision. As for Wilson, he's positively evil...this guy is into sexual violence though. He has preached numerous sermons in which men are exhorted to rape their wives and indicating that women really secretly desire this. She is supposed to know, according to his sick and twisted mind, that she has been conquered. So no surprise that Wilson has no moral qualms with a pervert using a child to satisfy his desires. Mr. pro slavery really believes that women and children should be slaves to their "masters" (husbands and fathers) as well.

Sitler should have been remanded back to custody to rot the rest of his life in prison, Katie should be sentenced to prison as well, the child should be placed up for adoption through foster care since the grandparents are unfit (Wilson does the arranged marriage thing so daddy Travis was in on this from the beginning and is therefore a slime bag), and though Wilson can't be charged with a crime, he should be so beaten down by the local community and national media that he slinks into the shadows never to be heard from again and were Harry Potter-esque punishments available, his soul sucked out by dementors.

• Like 19

As for Wilson, he's positively evil...this guy is into sexual violence though. He has preached numerous sermons in which men are exhorted to rape their wives and indicating that women really secretly desire this. She is supposed to know, according to his sick and twisted mind, that she has been conquered. So no surprise that Wilson has no moral qualms with a pervert using a child to satisfy his desires. Mr. pro slavery really believes that women and children should be slaves to their "masters" (husbands and fathers) as well.

Do you have any links to those sermons? I've read the inflammatory "men conquer and women receive" post, but what you're describing sounds even worse.

I don't have the links this minute, and have to leave in 20 minutes to meet with the bride one more time before her wedding Monday, but if you search Wartburg, Spiritual Sounding Board, and Patheos you are likely to find them as my original links came from their links. Some of these sermons go back to 2006-2012 so you may need to look when you have a good block of time.

Do you have any links to those sermons? I've read the inflammatory "men conquer and women receive" post, but what you're describing sounds even worse.

You might be interested to read the blog on this site:

www.biblicalgenderroles.com

Many of the ideas horrific, but Wilson would agree with many of them. They're from a very conservative Christian "complimentary genders" perspective.

(Now, I don't know Wilson's feelings on polygamy, but this writer doesn't have any objections to it, so long as it is done in a Biblical manner. Perhaps someone else will have an answer.)

Other fascinating tidbits. Josh Duggar only owes God an apology for his behavior, just like King David when he was with Bathsheba. (The only reason Josh Duggar might apologize to his wife now is because he made a modern, secular vow to only have sexual relations with ONLY her. If he hadn't done that, he wouldn't owe her any sort of apology under God's rule.)

Women always owe their husbands sex. Always. There is no such thing as marital rape. It's a woman's job to provide sex whenever a man wants it.

ETA: The latest entry is called "How Much Pain Would You Endure to Have Sex With Your Husband?"

This is what I feared would happen. Marrying and producing biological children was an easy manner for Sitler to create his own victims, and given the sheer number of victims he has in his wake, this was virtually assured to be the case from the start. Sigh....I have to wonder what lovely skeletons the judge has in his own closet that would influence him to arrive at such a profoundly insane decision. As for Wilson, he's positively evil...this guy is into sexual violence though. He has preached numerous sermons in which men are exhorted to rape their wives and indicating that women really secretly desire this. She is supposed to know, according to his sick and twisted mind, that she has been conquered. So no surprise that Wilson has no moral qualms with a pervert using a child to satisfy his desires. Mr. pro slavery really believes that women and children should be slaves to their "masters" (husbands and fathers) as well.

Sitler should have been remanded back to custody to rot the rest of his life in prison, Katie should be sentenced to prison as well, the child should be placed up for adoption through foster care since the grandparents are unfit (Wilson does the arranged marriage thing so daddy Travis was in on this from the beginning and is therefore a slime bag), and though Wilson can't be charged with a crime, he should be so beaten down by the local community and national media that he slinks into the shadows never to be heard from again and were Harry Potter-esque punishments available, his soul sucked out by dementors.

Too late. I don't think that man has one to give up to the demontor. :glare:

He's an absolutely revolting person.

Why isn't the state of Idaho removing the child from the care of his "parents"?!

Patriarchy fails everyday and twice on Sundays.

Note, I'm not saying patriarchy creates pedophiles. I am saying that patriarchy is why this mother isn't protecting her child and leaving. I am saying that their patriarchal, sick notions are what found this man a bride, strike that, victim factory in the first place. He should be in prison. For life and the mom probably shouldn't have full custody either.

• Like 16

Many of the ideas horrific, but Wilson would agree with many of them. They're from a very conservative Christian "complimentary genders" perspective.

(Now, I don't know Wilson's feelings on polygamy, but this writer doesn't have any objections to it, so long as it is done in a Biblical manner. Perhaps someone else will have an answer.)

Other fascinating tidbits. Josh Duggar only owes God an apology for his behavior, just like King David when he was with Bathsheba. (The only reason Josh Duggar might apologize to his wife now is because he made a modern, secular vow to only have sexual relations with ONLY her. If he hadn't done that, he wouldn't owe her any sort of apology under God's rule.)

Women always owe their husbands sex. Always. There is no such thing as marital rape. It's a woman's job to provide sex whenever a man wants it.

ETA: The latest entry is called "How Much Pain Would You Endure to Have Sex With Your Husband?"

The author of that site has been divorced and remarried. He adds up how long he's been married between marriages as "his marriage experience." Not an exemplar of how to have sucessful marriage or family life. In one of his posts, he said his kid from his first marriage refused to see him at all. Um.
  • Like 5

yes, I don't get why the child wasn't removed.  All these stories about parents losing custody of their children for letting them walk down a busy highway for goodness sakes! Why can't this child be protected.

It boggles the mind how someone with a life sentence was let out after only 2years.  2 YEARS!?!?  What kind of political clout does this guy have anyway?

• Like 10

Yeah, I know there's a lot of twisted teaching out there. I was specifically asking about DW's stuff. Thanks for the link though. That will surely make for . . . I was going to say entertaining reading but that's so not the right adjective.

yes, I don't get why the child wasn't removed. All these stories about parents losing custody of their children for letting them walk down a busy highway for goodness sakes! Why can't this child be protected.

It boggles the mind how someone with a life sentence was let out after only 2years. 2 YEARS!?!? What kind of political clout does this guy have anyway?

Consider also that we have people serving longer sentences for the possession of crack. Taking drugs is a more serious crime than raping babies? No.

• Like 13

If this doesn't qualify as a probation violation, I don't even want to know what would qualify as serious enough to send him back to prison.

This!

I do not understand how much slack people are cutting this guy and have been his whole life.

Doug Wilson apparently said that he's a pastor and he "covers up sin for a living." I makes me sick that a pastor would see that as anything close to his job description. Guiding people to repentance is NOT "covering up sin". Ugh. :cursing:

• Like 3

The author of that site has been divorced and remarried. He adds up how long he's been married between marriages as "his marriage experience." Not an exemplar of how to have sucessful marriage or family life. In one of his posts, he said his kid from his first marriage refused to see him at all. Um.

I'd love to see the fur fly if I could get the guy from the defunct one4thechild (a Christian site which insisted that you were married to the first person you ever had intercourse with, and anything after that was illicit--even if the first experience was rape) and this fellow from biblicalgenderroles.

Doug Wilson on top of it? Truly amazing.

Anything can be excused with the right doctrine. :(  Anything can be condemned in the same way.

That said, the abuser in this situation was already supposed to be in jail for life. When is  he going to pay?  Looks like never. When will someone protect this baby? 

I'd love to see the fur fly if I could get the guy from the defunct one4thechild (a Christian site which insisted that you were married to the first person you ever had intercourse with, and anything after that was illicit--even if the first experience was rape) and this fellow from biblicalgenderroles.

Doug Wilson on top of it? Truly amazing.

Anything can be excused with the right doctrine. :( Anything can be condemned in the same way.

That said, the abuser in this situation was already supposed to be in jail for life. When is he going to pay? Looks like never. When will someone protect this baby?

I think they all need to be voted off the island.

And when my non-violence wears thin, I think they should all be sterilized so they can't pass on this nonsense to innocents.

Then my more moral self rebounds.

Still, I don't think I would protest the likes of Sitkin being sterilized. You shouldn't be able to make new children to assault.

• Like 7

Home educators could show their repulsion by organizing a boycott of Canon Press materials, Logos Press (Logos school materials), and Veritas Press (who somehow thought it would be a good idea to hire a pro-slavery advocate to review the slave narratives in their "history" program).

Hit them where it hurts.

Bill

• Like 31

The wife probably didn't know what was going on, though maybe it's wishful thinking because I simply can't conceive of watching my baby be harmed by ANYONE and allowing it to happen. From the judge's statement, there was no previous requirement for the chaperone to have constant line-of-sight vision of him whenever he had contact with the baby (which should have been a no-brainer), so in spite of what the blog author says, we do not know for certain that the mother was aware of it.

ETA: After reading further, I see that the judge disqualified her as an approved chaperone for failing to disclose information about her son, so that does change my view.

She married a child molester. She chose to have a child with him. She chose to live with him and that child.

Now one can certainly argue her choices aren't made freely in that dynamic. But if that is the case, and she has no real power to stop her husband from harming her son, she is not a fit custodial parent. She needs serious help.

The outcomes for babies who are sexually abused are not good. Her child is in grave risk. That poor prosecutor who couldn't get the judge to do more. What a terrible job to have.

• Like 3

Home educators could show their repulsion by organizing a boycott of Canon Press materials, Logos Press (Logos school materials), and Veritas Press (who somehow thought it would be a good idea to hire a pro-slavery advocate to review the slave narratives in their "history" program).

Hit them were it hurts.

Bill

I agree, though they won't miss my clearly already non-existent business.

• Like 11

The word disgusting doesn't even begin to cover this scenario. It always amazes me that judges do not like to err on the side of protecting a child... and yet I have seen it more times than not.

Truthfully, the actions of the judge are the really worrisome thing. Sitkin's disgusting behavior is expected. Wilson's minimizing patriarchal nonsense is expected. The judge OTOH, works for the people and his actions could stop this child from experiencing ongoing harm. His actions are baffling and scary.

• Like 15

Truthfully, the actions of the judge are the really worrisome thing. Sitkin's disgusting behavior is expected. Wilson's minimizing patriarchal nonsense is expected. The judge OTOH, works for the people and his actions could stop this child from experiencing ongoing harm. His actions are baffling and scary.

This child is surrounded by adults who apparently won't lift a finger to see to it that he stays safe. :(

• Like 2

I think it is extremely likely that he will actually abuse this baby, but I haven't seen that he has yet. It is unclear what exactly has happened. My understanding is that the father admitted to sexual stimulation while caring for the baby, and this was not reported by those "chaperoning". I don't know if that means he was turned on, or if he stimulated the baby sexually. The later would clearly violate all sorts of things, but if it's the former, that might not be enough to land him back in jail and/or get the baby taken away.

• Like 1

So sad to read about this. I have two boys, and if anyone every came near them and hurt them in ANY way like that, I would become a wild animal to that person and would probably make sure that person could never have kids again.

Saying that, I would never have married a sexual pedophile to begin with, but who knows how much influence her family had in this choice. 

• Like 1

I think it is extremely likely that he will actually abuse this baby, but I haven't seen that he has yet. It is unclear what exactly has happened. My understanding is that the father admitted to sexual stimulation while caring for the baby, and this was not reported by those "chaperoning". I don't know if that means he was turned on, or if he stimulated the baby sexually. The later would clearly violate all sorts of things, but if it's the former, that might not be enough to land him back in jail and/or get the baby taken away.

If he is sexually stimulated by his infant, he has no business living with that or any infant. Given what he was previously sentenced to life for, it is a collision course to nothing good. He has failed polygraphs. There is no reason to believe this will end well for the family or that he has not sexually abused his child.

• Like 8

I have sent my children out of the room in moments when I was feeling irrationally angry with them because I knew I'd say things I would regret. 

If he is stimulated by his infant (my stomach literally feels in knots at that thought) and he loved the child, surely he would see that the best thing for the child would be for him (the father) to exit the picture??  My guess is that that won't happen.  Vile.

• Like 1

If he is sexually stimulated by his infant, he has no business living with that or any infant. Given what he was previously sentenced to life for, it is a collision course to nothing good. He has failed polygraphs. There is no reason to believe this will end well for the family or that he has not sexually abused his child.

But by all means, lets leave the child there until we can prove beyond a doubt that terrible damage has been done.  Prevent abuse??  That might infringe on this convicted pedophiles rights!!

• Like 1