Menu

Rainbow Resources, how long for shipping?

BlessedMom

I'm guessing it depends on where you are in the country. It can take awhile to get to me here in CA. Sometimes they seem to get it out quick but this week I had to ask where my order was since its been over a week and no shipment email went out which has happened before. My shipment will be here early next week but it took a week on top of that before it was shipped.

I just ordered from them Monday morning and received it yesterday.  I live in a bordering state so it gets here pretty quickly.  I think their shipping times have gone way down over the last few years because it used to take a week or more (and we lived a bit closer).

I always add a small non-media item to make sure it can't go media mail. It usually takes a week and a half or so. 

This is an awesome tip! I always wondered why some of my things from them came very quickly while others took an incredibly long time.

I always add a small non-media item to make sure it can't go media mail. It usually takes a week and a half or so. 

Maybe that's why mine always come quickly!  I always have some sort of school supplies added.  I didn't even know they did Media Mail.   :lol:  

Two states away and it usually takes about four days.  They don't hold for back orders anymore . . . at least they haven't with my orders this year and you can tell what's backordered from their website when you order.  They have been sending updates very consistently this spring and summer, both with back order notifications and with shipping notices/tracking numbers.  It's very different than it used to be.

• Like 1

I agree the shipping is inconsistent. I am also in a neighboring state, I live about 3 hours from the warehouse. When you use the free shipping it often comes through DHL, I once had an order sit in a warehouse an hour from me for three weeks! Evidently DHL ships media mail space available or something. That was the first time I ever ordered from RR and I made the rookie mistake of ordering everything in August when everyone else is ordering too. That isn't Rainbow's fault but it is still quite frustrating.

Since then I've placed maybe a dozen orders and they have usually arrived in a reasonable amount of time. I've used the trick of adding a supply and also just paid the $5 to have my order delivered via UPS when I wanted to make sure my books arrived quickly. My last order was shipped in two days, it was one I paid $5 for the UPS upgrade.

• Like 1