Menu

Dr. Hive - burning, aching lungs?

Dulce Domem

Has anyone ever experienced this before?  Care to share?

A little over a week ago, I noticed that every once in a while when I inhaled, I had a twinge of pain in my lungs, almost as if I had quickly inhaled really cold air.  As last week went on, the pain became more constant and I just felt horrible.  No coughing, a very very slight fever if any, just pain in my lungs.

I went to the doctor, who caught a UTI (which in retrospect makes sense).  He also ran multiple tests for my lungs (X-ray, bloodwork, even an EKG).  He said there was no pneumonia or clots, and that it was probably just the beginning of bronchitis.  He prescribed antibiotics, which have helped with the crummy feeling from the UTI mostly, but the lung pain is as bad as ever.

Any idea what it could be?  Now there is a minor cough (very minor) and my lungs feel like I have been outside in freezing weather exercising for a couple of hours.  I've never smoked.  We are headed to Disney next week for a massive trip, and I'd really like to feel a little better before then!  Thanks!

(Also - I have had bad allergies the past week and a half - it is possible for allergies to cause lung pain?  I've never suffered from allergies before, but we just moved to a new part of the country.)

Thanks everyone!  I know absolutely nothing about asthma, but after reading about allergy induced asthma it sounds very similar to what I have  

Woodhaven - I will definitely be going to a doctor again f it's not better by Monday.  I figure I'll give it through the weekend to make sure that the antibiotics don't clear it up or if it's just viral and needs time to get over. 

Hannahs4 - I don't think that it's pleurisy or pleuritis - it doesn't seem quite painful enough for that.  My brother-in-law had it once and I remember taking him to the ER and he was in crippling pain.  This is more of a nuisance that is making me feel run down than major pain.