Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Hi guys!  I just drove home from DC and arrived at 2:30am.  I would be asleep, except that I need to charge my phone so I can use the alarm to get us up and get the kids to school.

Last Friday we drove to Hershey, PA, arriving about 3am.  We spent Saturday and part of Sunday there, visiting with friends and enjoying the park and museum.  Then we went to DC where we put on a professional conference.  It got interesting as one of the partners had somehow printed only half of the name tags and forgot the remote for a piece of equipment, and then my kid got whacked by a hotel employee opening a door (and the hotel insisted on filing a report etc.), and with a few other moments of drama.  (The kids did their homework in between the drama snippets.)  Although we are very short on sleep, we had a good time.

So now, Tuesday will start with clearing out the car (the kids' homework is still in there as is everything else).  Then trying to get back to the chaotic normal of a house under construction.  The construction guys were here over the weekend / Monday, doing drywall and paint stuff, and right now a fan is blasting in the kitchen (which is adjacent to my kids' bedroom, where I'm about to try sleeping for 3 hours).

Here's a tentative list:

• Clear out car.  [done]
  • Kids up & off to school  [done]
  • Unpack & put away stuff from the trip.  [done]
  • Clean bathrooms, kitchen, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Check which evenings I have appointments this week, and put them on the calendar.  Tuesday might be the school band meeting (?).  [done - band meeting - will drop kids off at soccer and hope to be done before they finish?]
  • Work.
  • Bills, paperwork.
  • Whatever I need to do with the construction guys.  [done]
  • Send email to friend about good books for boys beginning to read.
  • Kids' make-up work and homework.
  • Soccer practice.
  • Swim?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Take out garbage.
  • Work.
  • Like 1

Jean, I hope you feel better!

SKL, glad your kid is okay! Sounds like an interesting time otherwise. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

To Do:

shower and dress

breakfast

pack lunches

field trip with homeschool group to local animal education center

return some pants to Sam's 

do some of the schoolwork ds didn't finish yesterday

dinner

tidy house

laundry??

• Like 1

Good morning :)

First day of university Arabic for dd---she alternates between excitement and freaking out :lol:

My day:

--daily and Tuesday things

--bio w dd

--drop dd at campus

--work out at gym

--schedule next sessions w trainer

--pick her up (she'll be staying on campus most days in the future)

--shower, late lunch

--calc w dd

--emails

--finish paperwork for allergist

--prep bio lab for Thursday; look over bio and calc for tomorrow

Today is dh's birthday so dinner is his choice :)

Tuesday.

Yesterday. was. awful.  It started unpleasant, then backed into someone's car with the van, and really didn't improve (no naptime either!) until about 5PM.

Today is looking up, lol.

Got up to spend time with Ana this morning before she left for work and classes at 4:45.  LOVED THIS.  Totally worth having a few minutes of quiet time with that girl.

I'm going to go mow for a bit.  Then make playdough.

Pick up CJ at 9:30 from his Project Lead the Way class.

Supervising teacher is visiting this morning.

My Social Psych book is being delivered.  It had better have a bow and be trimmed in solid gold.

A bit of school for them and for me as well this afternoon.  A rock solid naptime.

I totally bought pre-made cordon bleu chicken breasts in a lazy mood yesterday and those babies are going on the grill at 4:30.  :)

Today is looking to ROCK ya'all.

I have to brain train tonight at 6:30 with a student and then bedtime.  It's looking like a VERY pleasant Tuesday.

School as usual. 3R's in the morning will be all we get to today.

Take Dh to Neurologist appt. 

Pick up CSA box 

Super quick grocery run for bacon and a bubble mailer.

Work on my Wed night lesson for church. Video based lesson this week, so not too hard to prep.

Begin revising kids' chore charts.  

Dinner - salmon, polenta, green salad, tomatoes

Tabletclass PreAlg in the evenings for me this year. Need to at least be able to help Dd with homework when she gets there, even if I can't teach her primary class. 

Good morning

- school work- ugh my psych assignments are not up yet and we have initial discussion posts due tomorrow but I did finish the A&P study guide

- dishes- done

- laundry- in dryer

- tidy house- round 1 done

- more school work- started on week's statistics notes

- dd1 soccer practice- done

- dinner- going to Chinese buffet that we tried to go to last Friday (should be fine today)- done

- baths

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done- bought dd1 a new soccer ball and washed the outside of my car

Good morning! Today is a calm day, except that I have a massive shopping trip to do and am not completely sure when I will do that. Dd2 is moping about because one of her friends (a new freshman) is constantly talking about school. Dd2 is in 8th anyway and has decided not to go to high school and even if she changes her mind, she wouldn't be attending that school. We all warned her this was going to happen, but she is still bummed about it.

And the girls are tired from am practice. So that is not helping the 13 yo attitude.

To do:

School for all (there will be tears this morning)

Chores for all

Laundry

Store trip/gas in van

General clean up

Lots of random things

PM practice

Judo pickup

Have a great day!

Well, we didn't hear the second alarm, so we all overslept.  I got the kids to school about 15 minutes late.  Already tardy on the 5th day of school.

Other than that, things are going well today.  I got us unpacked and did some other housework.  Rebooted my computer.  Got caught up on emails, facebook, and WTM.  Washed my hair and did other personal things I usually don't have a chance to do.

Now I need to make an unpleasant phone call, since I promised the client.  And then get back into the swing of things.  Hope to end the day with a lot less in my inbox than I started with.  :)