Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I've been too busy to reply...

Today, I have prep for tomorrow's fundraising events (signage, raffle tickets, follow-up e-mails)

Work on lesson plans (German (one year) and 3rd grade plans (3 weeks, all subjects).

Laundry (in progress) kitchen towels and whites

Make/Bring volunteer sign-up sheet and copies of the fundraising calendar for the swim team.

Celebrate my newly minted 16yo at a big pool party tonight.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I ignored my alarm again this morning :rolleyes: I'll have to exercise this afternoon or evening.

My day:

--go BTS shopping w the girls (college dd needs a rug for her room plus storage crates and random things; dd15 needs a 5 subject notebook for one class and a gift for a friend)

--finish updating dd15's transcript (!!!!! It's been a very long process, to say the least.)

--daily and Thursday things

--gardening

--emails o' the day

--prep all the veg for dinner

Have a great day :)

• Like 1

I tend to pop in and out on the board... Well here I am popping back in. :blush:

I'm babysitting today (and next Thursday)

Work on Fall cleaning list while kids play with each other

B/L and Plan/Start Dinner

Laundry

Plan a little for the upcoming year

We haven't started school yet. Hopefully I will get some sort of news about our Rainbow Resource order today.

Anxiety is high today. Wahh. :crying:

• Like 1

Good morning

- cash a check- done

- take dh some money- done

- dishes- done

- tidy house- round 1 done

- clean master bedroom- done!!!!

- school work- did one math assignment so I have 3 assignments for math left that are due on Sunday and I need to do my psych quiz before Monday then start all over again with A&P added with all of its stupid busy work crap.

- dinner- done

- baths- not needed

- bedtime routine- done

- anything else I get done- went to store for dh new shirt and dd2 new shoes.

• Like 1

Good morning! Last day of summer schedule, so I am going to enjoy staying home all day. Dd2 will drive the swimmers. I will make this a productive house day....I will...

To do:

School for all

Chores for all

Clean out garbage cans (ick)

More decluttering

Load to goodwill (maybe)

Plan dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Today is the first day back at scouts.  I am extremely delinquent in ironing on their badges from last spring.  :p  I hope I get to it today.  We're also supposed to bring two empty 2-liter bottles, so we need to empty out the ones we bought - we normally never buy that type of drinks and none of us really like them.  :p  I feel a burp coming on just thinking about it.

Still trying to figure out the file backup.  Yesterday I tried backing up the whole computer on my older backup drive (I have 2), just to make sure it was done right.  It kept hiccuping and then it would start all over.  It ended up copying all the files 4-5 times each, and ended up completely full.  Ugh.  So today I started over.

Today's list:

• Final step of kids' summer science project - and dispose of that nasty egg.  [done]
  • Kids ready & out to school.  [done]
  • Clean bathrooms, kitchen, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Work.  [done a bunch]
  • Pay bills and organize.  [did some, more to do]
  • Iron on badges.  [done, need to re-do]
  • Kids' after-school work.  [done]
  • Kids organize some stuff in their scout books.  [nope]
  • Dinner.  [done]
  • Scouts.  [done]
  • Kids to bed.  [done]
  • Work.
  • Like 1

continuing from my unfinished list from yesterday

1. laundry-need detergent

2. school

3. call back evan for specifics on auto body estimate

4. start crocheting dog blanket

5. patient files AND bills *****

6 pay for snorkel trip TODAY

7. healthy breakfast please!

8/. clean kitchen and living room

9. put clothes away

10. walk dogs

11. vacuum litter area

12. vacuum car

13. work at 330

14. soccer shin guards for L?

15. laundry

16. fold laundry

17. set up autobody repairs
18. train K

Would you all please pray for a friend? We have friends who are in the process of adopting a little boy from Honduras. They were on a long waiting list but were able to get him on a medical visa here to the US because he was diagnosed with cancer. He did a few rounds of chemo to no avail, found a bone marrow transplant donor match, and did that. The bone marrow worked but he's has host complications called GVHD. Here is a prayer request she posted today. 

Day +66- we received our test results yesterday afternoon from the liver biopsy and the scope on his GI tract. The liver showed no active GVHD, but the liver looked very damage, which they believe is from iv nutrition. The GI tract- results showed he still has active GVHD. So today we started the third and final line of treatment. This is all they have for him. We are on the third line and it's the third line for a reason, most do not respond to third line treatment. We are in a very tough spot with our little guy. He will get this medicine over the next 7 days, he will be very high risk for getting new viruses or for the old ones to come back. He will not be able to fight them off. We have had the talk with doctors about what things look like if he doesn't respond. No parent should ever lose a child, and a child that was once an orphan should NEVER lose their fight against cancer or any child at that. So please pray for Anthony. We are not done yet. Anthony is not done yet, and I believe God is not done yet. We can not lose this. He has come to far. We need a miracle now more than ever. We need healing. I promised God if he would heal him and let me keep him I would raise up a Godly man, a man that's testimony will save thousands, I will teach him to truly serve God and we would be the best examples to him of what that looks like. And if he takes him...then I pray that I can still be that example to people around me. But here is a picture of the last option....as you pray picture this drug over the next 7 days. Pray as if you have hands on it.ʉۻ

• Like 1

Prayers Amy

Weight Watchers in the morning

lab and blood work at the doctor's office.

sprinkle and vacuum house

clean bathrooms

finish laundry

straighten bedrooms and classroom/playroom

Books arrive and we start school work!--linguistics, Saxon math, grammar/writing, history, science, Latin and literature.

if i feel up to it, go to the gym and do strength training and cardio.

clean out the car

heat up dinner-tacos and beans, yum

Need to buy a compass, thesarus, dictionary, three-subject notebook and I don't know what else.

• Like 1

Another good day.  I got a lot of work done, paid some bills, got the homework reading / math facts done, ironed on the badges (only 3 fell off later), and left on time for scouts.  I won't mention the traffic jam that made us a half hour late anyway.  :/  The kids made and launched rockets, ran around with their old scout friends, and went to bed smiling.  :)

Now back to work.  Tomorrow is a mini deadline and I really need to get some things off my to-do list.

• Like 2

Oh, and I finally got the entire computer to back up, including "system image backup."  This assumes I did it right ....

My computer hasn't been getting that hot lately.  Why would that be?  Could it be that the extra heat is caused by having my cell phone plugged in to charge?  Or maybe the fan decided to work again?

• Like 1