Menu

Prismacolor 24 set - Best Price evah!

RootAnn

DickBlick is offering the Prismacolor Premier 24 pencil set (with a free accessory set added in) for only $13.36 (plus tax & shipping) each.

The best price I can usually get is about $15 and that's pretty hard to come by at back-to-school time! Plus, if you spend at least $25 (2 sets), you can send in a mail-in rebate to Prismacolor for $5 back (total). (If you spend $51 or over, you get $10. If you spend $101 or over, you get $20.)

So, link to the Prismacolor set w/free accessories.

And a link to the rebate form.

They have an amazing sale price on some of their other tins as well.

Edited to add:  The 48 set is an okay but not outstanding price. The 72 tin isn't a great price as Amazon is currently lower. The 132 is ok, but not amazing. However, the 150 rivals one of the lowest on Amazon in the past year (according to camelcamelcamel). With the rebate, you'd get $10 off that. They also have a coupon code for 15% off & free shipping for orders over $99. So, if you are in the market for a set of 150, the current Dick Blick offer looks awesome.

Nevermind on the discount. It doesn't work for "every day sale price" orders. Bummer.

10% Off Orders $69 or 15% Off Orders $99 Plus Free Shipping on orders of $99 or more. Use code CDXN  Expires 08/28/2015
  • Like 7

I just ordered from Dick Blick on Sunday with the Free Ship with an over $59 purchase.  I wish I had known about this offer then.  I did get a free pen with my Bristol Board offer, which is another one of their deals right now.  LOL, the pen just showed up in my order, I didn't even know I'd get it when I placed the order, but it is one of the offers right now along with the Prismacolor one.

Thanks! We have an old "Scholars" set in which half of the pencils are now shorter than 2 inches. I've been meaning to replace it with a non-Scholars set now that the DD is better about taking care of their supplies. I can set aside the old set for when my toddler nice comes to visit.

I agree, one of the best purchases I ever made.

Is it safe to get pencils online? I always think they will get broken.

I've almost always gotten them this way. It is possible that some of your cores will arrive with breaks in them, depending how far they travel & how rough the trip is. I have found, however, that the trip usually doesn't cause issues. We have gotten a bad 'batch' where one color was bad (lots & lots of breakage), so I think the manufacturing process is responsible for more bad cores for us.

Your mileage may vary.

Just a note ... Dick Blick brick-and-mortar store that I was at today didn't have the sale prices on these, but their guarantee says they'll match the online price automatically. The store I was at didn't carry the accessory set at all. I'd already ordered mine online, but I thought I'd post this for those who have a store near them. (DD#2 had to pick up a couple of new painting brushes and she has to see & feel them to figure out which ones she needs - which is hard to do online. So, sometimes, we have to go to the store.)

Ours have never been from anywhere but online- amazn.  However our last batch was terrible.  Wouldnt sharpen and the leads were all borken in multiple places.

The newer ones are not as good and break a lot more than the older ones, no matter what, but for this price they are still a steal. The other thing I've noticed in the new ones is the off-center lead in one or two. Argh!

• Like 1

It's at $14.35 now.  Is that still a good price?

$14.36 is still good, but you need to weigh shipping costs, too, if you are ordering by mail. Shipping costs would put it over $20 for me - which is no longer a good deal. (If you order at least two sets, the $5 off comes into play, but perhaps not enough to make a difference.)

Another thing to consider is whether your kids will use the extra accessories. My artist dd#2 uses the blender pencils, so I end up getting those for her anyway. The other kids will enjoy having an extender for their short colored pencils. I also ordered three sets, which brings the shipping cost per set down.

Good luck!

I just ordered from Dick Blick on Sunday with the Free Ship with an over $59 purchase.  I wish I had known about this offer then.  I did get a free pen with my Bristol Board offer, which is another one of their deals right now.  LOL, the pen just showed up in my order, I didn't even know I'd get it when I placed the order, but it is one of the offers right now along with the Prismacolor one.

I ended up putting in another Dick Blick order last weekend when there was free ship with $79 purchase.  I bought two sets of he pencils, and then a couple of other things my older son needs for an art class.  I just couldn't resist, especially since I already had that accessory set in my Amazon cart for awhile.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Prismacolor color water color pencils are 3.68$ for 12 pack, on dickblick.looks like a great deal. Also michaels has Stratmore yellow pads 3 for price of 1. I got several watercolor pads for 3.60$ each, makes great gifts for kids paired together.

Can you submit for rebate even if products are back ordered? How did you guys do it?

• Like 1

I'm in I ordered 2 sets for 8 and 10 boys.

Thanks for the deal!!

Now I have to convince the K girl her crayola pencils are just as nice. . . .I'll put them in a tin I have and see if that works out.

Yeah. Didn't work for my 4 year old. She used "mom's pencils" and immediately felt the difference.

• Like 1