Menu

MCT LA

Hello!

Can someone please help me understand what to buy?  I want to start with the Island series and don't want the writing component.

I think where I'm confused is that It states under Grammar Island teacher manual that any teacher manual includes the student book. (In my experience the teacher's manual is different from the student book).  This is only $5 more.  I just want to be sure that if I buy: for example, Grammar Island teacher manual that I don't need to buy the Grammar Island student book as well. 

So, from what I'm understanding this is what I want:

1. Building Language: Teacher Manual

2. Grammar Island: Teacher Manual

3. Sentence Island Teacher Book

4. Music Of the Hemispheres, Teacher Manual

5. Practice Island, One Hundred Four-level Analysis Sentences: Teacher Manual

Buying these individually is $120 verses buying the packaging ($190). 

What else would you recommend?  Is this everything that I would need? 

Thanks for any info!

You need the student book for Practice Island, unless you want to have your student (or you) to copy out 100 sentences in the proper format to do the 4 level analysis. Not worth the huge hassle to me.

In the other books there are little side notes on teaches editions with items like discussion prompts. In very few cases do the teachers notes give away something to the student (but there are a couple minor items). Juggling a virtually identical teachers book and student book when you are reading together anyway doesn't make sense (to me).

I would add the Practice book. 

Bill

• Like 1

Sentence Island is the writing component. However, it is also a reinforcement and continuation of the grammar component as well. I'd suggest getting it and not doing the exercises in the back of the book.

Agreed that the one student book that might be worthwhile is Practice Island. We chose not to get it because I like doing the analysis together on the white board.

• Like 2