Menu

Josh Duggar checked himself into rehab

LarlaB

They are friends of the duggars, and don't even have degrees, let alone licenses.

Someone on FJ pulled up pictures of them posing together at a party in the last year.

At this point the best you can hope for is that the six months apart will make Anna realize she doesn't need him OR want him.  At least it will be six months without conception.

ETA:  I feel bad about that last part.  I love and value all children and I would have a dozen if I could.  But right now the last thing she needs is to get pregnant again.

• Like 30

They are friends of the duggars, and don't even have degrees, let alone licenses.

Someone on FJ pulled up pictures of them posing together at a party in the last year.

At this point the best you can hope for is that the six months apart will make Anna realize she doesn't need him OR want him.  At least it will be six months without conception.

ETA:  I feel bad about that last part.  I love and value all children and I would have a dozen if I could.  But right now the last thing she needs is to get pregnant again.

I think we could make an epic drinking game out of "Told You So" with the Duggars.

• Like 23

Are we sure they won't have conjugal visits?  

And I highly doubt this time apart will make her think that.  It will make her think he is getting help and will be "cured" when finished.

ARGH!

• Like 2

Their "training" is probably what is called "Biblical Counseling". The church that held these classes in the midwest was loosely associated with ATI (holding Basic Seminars, at one time requiring the teachers at the school to attend the Seminars and abide by ATI rules in their private lives). I won't go into what I've heard about some that have been "counseled" by these people. My FIL is "certified" in this. I wouldn't go to him either.

Here is a "What is Biblical Counseling?"

Excerpt of the classes they have http://gatewaybiblicalcounseling.org/training/certificationtrack.htm

Basically, no, no, no....

• Like 4

The 10 principles of Reformers Unanimous

http://reformersrecovery.com/read-the-10-principles

I can't find what training the counselors have.

Kind of looks like their training is limited to being former addicts themselves. So maybe Josh will get a career out of this- he can become a counselor for sex addicts.  

I have no expectation that Josh will stay the full six months, nor do I think he will substantially change his ways. I don't think he's remorseful about anything besides getting caught.  No matter how 'changed' he says he is, I hope Anna never trusts him again, and certainly hope she never resumes marital relations with him. 

• Like 9

Oh my:

"Each student will serve as a volunteer in some fashion from 8-10 hours per day, and partial days on Saturdays. All work is considered donated services. Please understand that if you do not work as unto the Lord, you will not remain in the home. Proverbs 14:23 says, “in all labor there is profit†at Reformers Unanimous we believe work is God’s divine design for every man, and woman. Hard work develops character which is vital to making right decisions once you have finished with the program."

• Like 1

Oh my:

"Each student will serve as a volunteer in some fashion from 8-10 hours per day, and partial days on Saturdays. All work is considered donated services. Please understand that if you do not work as unto the Lord, you will not remain in the home. Proverbs 14:23 says, “in all labor there is profit†at Reformers Unanimous we believe work is God’s divine design for every man, and woman. Hard work develops character which is vital to making right decisions once you have finished with the program."

It sounds similar to the earlier counseling he had which seemed to center around physical labor.  I'm not feeling this is going to be anymore effective than the other counseling was.

I'm not opposed to religious counselors: counselors who are religious themselves but have legitimate training/education in counseling.

• Like 10

It's so crazy. He's in our home town in IL!

Last night I had a dream that dh and I were wearing TMZ hats and running through back yards in Rockford trying to get a pic of Josh at his rehab facility.  That's what happens when I spend the evening talking about the falling stock market (and how it hurt our investments), joking about needing to get a job to make up for the loss, while reading about Josh being dropped off at RFD airport.   

• Like 12

Oh my:

So their philosophy is, you take a bad boy. Make him dig holes in the sun all day. Turn 'im into a good boy.

• Like 17

So their philosophy is, you take a bad boy. Make him dig holes in the sun all day. Turn 'im into a good boy.

Let's just hope he gets bitten by a yellow-spotted lizard and doesn't return to harass Anna and the children anymore ;) 

I'm sorry but this story just gets crazier and crazier, my cynicism is really getting a boost! And I'm an idealist....I generally am not all that cynical! I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but right now all I want to give JD is a kick in the butt. 

• Like 9

Look, I am willing to make a drinking game out of it. But, sniff sniff, I'm a lightweight and can't hold my liqueur. I have a couple of Mike's lemonades and a shot glass. Will you let me play with the big girls?

No booze in the house. I'd have to walk three blocks to get a Jamaican Me Happy. I have a Starbucks Mocha Double Shot...so I'll be working my way to hyper...

• Like 4

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/josh-duggars-first-rehab-stint-included-heavy-counseling-labor-2015268

Like Josh, Anna is also receiving counseling as her husband gets treatment. "In the meantime, we will be offering our love, care and devoted support to Anna and our grandchildren as she also receives counsel and help for her own heart and future," Jim Bob and Michelle shared on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/josh-duggars-first-rehab-stint-included-heavy-counseling-labor-2015268#ixzz3jy33dhJn
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

SPORK, ASAP!

• Like 6

Their "training" is probably what is called "Biblical Counseling". The church that held these classes in the midwest was loosely associated with ATI (holding Basic Seminars, at one time requiring the teachers at the school to attend the Seminars and abide by ATI rules in their private lives). I won't go into what I've heard about some that have been "counseled" by these people. My FIL is "certified" in this. I wouldn't go to him either.

Here is a "What is Biblical Counseling?"

Excerpt of the classes they have http://gatewaybiblicalcounseling.org/training/certificationtrack.htm

Basically, no, no, no....

A few years ago I was posting about one of my kids needing therapy. I received a really odd offer/suggestion of "biblical counseling" from a fellow member here.

• Like 1

I know that story too! Do we win a prize? 

I took my dog on a walk a while ago and walked right past a parks & recs maintenance man digging a hole for something next to the walk. I had to bite my tongue because I started to ask him if he'd been a bad boy.

Somehow, those inside jokes just don't translate well when one might get the impression a suburban cougar is looking for some diversion.

• Like 17