Menu

wwyd

MommaOfalotta

Hmmmm, I'm also a "fixer" type and want to help people past what I should.  My compromise would offer to keep hers 1 day every other week (she'd need to find someone else for the other days). Then I'd make those 2 days per month fun learning days, or do art, science experiments, gym, more art! That way you don't feel so bad and your kids get to see their friends.  As for sending yours? Tell her thank you but let's try this first.   

Hmmmm, I'm also a "fixer" type and want to help people past what I should.  My compromise would offer to keep hers 1 day every other week (she'd need to find someone else for the other days). Then I'd make those 2 days per month fun learning days, or do art, science experiments, gym, more art! That way you don't feel so bad and your kids get to see their friends.  As for sending yours? Tell her thank you but let's try this first.   

Or you could watch them, since you are moving near Mrs. Hound :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Just kidding.

• Like 1

Honestly, as an introvert myself, this would be an ideal situation for me. A standing arrangement for nice, well-behaved kids to be delivered to my house for my kids to play with once a week. Heaven.

I would plan to do a normal, maybe slightly light, school day when her kids are at your house. Then, in order to recoup a bit of time, I would probably tell the neighbor that on her day to watch the kids you would be bringing the 2 year old over in the morning, but then doing school with the 8 year old for a couple hours before dropping her off. I'm betting you could accomplish a lot in some uninterrupted, one-on-one time. Then you could spend the late morning and afternoon taking care of errands and house work without any kids "helping".

Wendy

This is what I would do! I would love this arrangement, honestly!!

ETA: I saw you already messaged her. Good for you! You know what your limits are and teaching your kids comes first!

• Like 1

If you were working full time, would you allow your friend to send her kids to your place of work once a week?  Probably not.  Well, you are working full time teaching your children. Even if they are a wonderful family, watching her kids interferes with you doing your job. You need to tell your friend very firmly that you can't do it. Smile and keep repeating, "I'm sorry, it just won't work for me."

• Like 5

Update!

She brought the kids over yesterday and everything was friendly.. kind of awkward, but friendly. Whew. The worst (I think) is officially over. I watch them one more time next week and that's it. She messaged me back the night I sent the message.... and I still haven't read it :crying:

I'm pathetic. :lol:

I think today is the day though!