Menu

50% Sale on Ellen McHenry's Science Curriculum

Argh! Why is it only the digital versions? (I know, I know . . . first world problems. We LOVED her chemistry!)

What are your thoughts on doing the chemistry with a group of ten 4th and 5th graders in a co-op setting that meets twice a month?

What are your thoughts on doing the chemistry with a group of ten 4th and 5th graders in a co-op setting that meets twice a month?

That's almost exactly what my friend did - 2 of my kids were in her "class" and took 6-7 weeks to go through it. My friend mentioned that some of the kids were not as enthusiastic (which was rather a damper for her as well as some of the other kids) - my own 2 kids were (and continue to be) WILDLY enthusiastic about all things chemistry!

(The British professor - Poliokopf? - is our all-time favorite; he has an interactive YouTube periodic table, and we "met" him through this class. He is AMAZING. Received a knighthood & several other awards which I am too scatter-brained to remember, but - yeah, look him up for sure. :) )

• Like 1

This guy? DD and I loved his video clips this past year.

http://www.periodicvideos.com/

That's almost exactly what my friend did - 2 of my kids were in her "class" and took 6-7 weeks to go through it. My friend mentioned that some of the kids were not as enthusiastic (which was rather a damper for her as well as some of the other kids) - my own 2 kids were (and continue to be) WILDLY enthusiastic about all things chemistry!

(The British professor - Poliokopf? - is our all-time favorite; he has an interactive YouTube periodic table, and we "met" him through this class. He is AMAZING. Received a knighthood & several other awards which I am too scatter-brained to remember, but - yeah, look him up for sure. :) )

• Like 3