Menu

Need Homeschooling Books title suggestions

Ready, Set, Go! 

I am participating in a panel discussion this evening at a local mom's group on alternatives to public education.  I have given this talk before and have given a handout of resources.  However, in looking at the books I have recommended, I realize that most of the titles are over 10 years old - I'm showing my age.  Most of the parents at this talk are much younger than me and will probably want something more current (not that I think there is anything wrong with my list :001_smile: .  Of course, I have The Well-Trained Mind on it.  Can you help me update my list?  What books would you recommend to someone considering homeschooling? 

Keep in mind that this is a secular group and most will not be looking for religious titles.  It is a holistic moms group so they may not all be interested in classical education - there will be some crunch, alternative types there.  

The books that are sort of "the other side" from The Well-Trained Mind that I like to recommend to newbies are:

Project Based Homeschooling by Lori Pickart - good for parents of young ones, good for thinking about seeing the learning that kids want to do naturally as valid and important

Free Range Homeschooling by Laura Grace Wheldon - great resources and ideas for eclectic homeschoolers and lots of testimonials and encouragement for living a relaxed homeschooling lifestyle

• Like 1