Menu

Accountability Thread: 8/2-8/8

Good morning, all, and welcome to August!

This week I have a planned break from this Sunday until next. I'll be using some of it to refine what I have planned for fall term. I'm at that point where I have everything ready to go, but have doubts about whether I'll be able to attain the high standards I've set for myself. I mean, at some point, you do run out of hours to get things done! At least Reading, Writing, Math and Latin are already fit into comfortable grooves, and require little to no adjustment. 

I also have some housekeeping to get done, but am not planning on any special projects until fall arrives. I ought to start making out my list of fall chores that really ought to be done: painting the chicken house, painting the front porch, tilling and cleaning up the garden for winter, planting ubiquitous pansies, tackling the two closets that have been mocking me all summer, and so forth.

• Like 3

Good morning Critterfixer, I have never been so happy to see August arrive!! I still have work to do that I've not been able to get to during my "support" summer break, I'm working on a plan now to get them done over the next few weeks before we start our year. So, my mission this week is to pack up the books we won't be using, take the ones we will be using out, begin getting rid of some of the stuff we won't be using again.

• Like 2

Good morning Critterfixer, I have never been so happy to see August arrive!! I still have work to do that I've not been able to get to during my "support" summer break, I'm working on a plan now to get them done over the next few weeks before we start our year. So, my mission this week is to pack up the books we won't be using, take the ones we will be using out, begin getting rid of some of the stuff we won't be using again. 

I actually scheduled a week off only two weeks into fall term so I'll deal with the books then. My homeschooling cabinet is full, and looking at the closets I see many things that I should allow to "move on".

• Like 1

Morning ladies :) I'm also getting back into planning. An awaited cheque has arrived and now I need to prioritize how to spend it. I was expecting it mid June and so had it slated as "summer fun" money, but now that summer is half over, well. . . I'm good at spending money on fun, but that seems a little excessive - even with four kids lol! So now I've purchased dsd8's reading program and deciding what else I should get before school starts "for real" in September.

IL's would be here by now only their motorhome's fuel pump has apparently stopped functioning. They'll get it replaced tomorrow and head up. So I have one day's grace lol. What to do with it? So much to do, as always, only it's mostly outside work, I think. I have a list as long as my arm as far as school prep goes, but I'm sadly uninspired. I'm always uninspired in August, that's why I just go with it in June lol. I'll dismantle my list into baby steps and see if that doesn't help progress.

Have a great day - closet cleaning can actually be quite satisfying. Once it's over lol!

• Like 3

Back.  I'm almost ready for school to start, well, it has some.

The last two weeks we've done an hour of school on Tuesday mornings (but somehow managed to miss the Thursday's I've planned).  This week we'll hit the second day we are supposed to do school.  Only 3 more weeks left of "summer" here for the schools and the camp DD is in a meltdown to go to everyday will be over.

I've slacked on my planning, so I've got 3 weeks to left to plan for history/science and any extra things I want to do.

The positives, we've stayed in a routine, and DD has been so exhausted from camp that there has been minimal fighting about bedtime....and once I get her through that, she's out cold in less than 5 minutes.  I'm certainly going to miss that.  DD will hopefully start her psych testing in a couple of weeks too. 

GS got to attend a camp this summer for the first 6 weeks through his MDO program.  He had a lot of fun.  He's been doing a lot too.  Talking a lot more now.....and we are working on potty training.  He now reports when he's "yucky" and wants to go sit on the potty after the fact.  He also started throwing a fit over being laid down to change so he is now in pull ups.  He's proud of his "underwear".  His parents still suck though and we're dealing with adult tantrums from them instead of them growing up and acting like they should.

Stefanie

• Like 2

Man. August, already? I feel like we haven't done half the things I wanted to get to in July and it's already over. Luckily, I've got everything planned and laid out school-wise for the next semester, it's just finding the time to get to everything. DD was all excited to sign up for choir, which starts Tuesday, but now she's begging not to go. I already told her "tough cookies" and she has to try it for at least a month, but she's been moping and whining about it. I think she's nervous because it's new, she'll be one of the youngest (it's for ages 11-18), and she thinks she'll have trouble standing still.  :confused:

In unrelated news, our first chicken laid her first egg today, something DH has been anxiously awaiting since we bought them as chicks. Now we can look forward to fresh eggs instead of storebought ones.  :thumbup:

• Like 5

Last week was a bust because the little boys had camp 9-12, which threw off our entire schedule. Little work was done by DS1. I did find a place for him to do math contest prep and tutoring for his AoPS. That's 2 things off my to do list. Now to negotiate with them about scheduling and pricing.

For this week:

- DS1 needs to get back to work and I need to figure out a good schedule for the others.

- I'm going to try waking DD up early and doing 30 min with her before her bus comes for school. The afternoons are just too crazy and I'm not getting to her.

- I want to get calendar/morning meeting going with DS2&3, probably right after breakfast.

- I'm going to continue to organize the school room in the hopes that it will be done sometime this decade....

• Like 3

I've spent almost the whole day organizing my basement, which has been neglected for a few months. I had just dumped all my books and papers down there without sorting them all out, not to mention the clothes the girls went through and all the tools dh had drug out it, I'm shocked that I got it done in a day, so glad to finally get that off that list. I pulled out some books I want to read to dd while I was down there.

I tried to work on some planning and printing for our Japan study but of course my printer is not working today. I'm currently working on our schedule for the week and trying to decide what is realistic to do while dh will be home so much. Dh was going to take ds for his b-day tomorrow but instead took him today, however they are not going to be home until probably pushing midnight so I'm not expecting to get much out of him, especially as well as we have 4H after lunch. This week might is looking like time for some basics, some to-dos and family time.

I am going to have dh do some school with the kids while I'm gone Tuesday but I'll keep it a bit shorter than usual. So, it looks like we'll get some work Tues, Wed and Thurs and maybe some tomorrow depending on the morning and when they get up. Now the following week was supposed to be us finally back to a normal schedule but it looks like we might be having a yardsale with a friend and she likes to do it on Thurs and Fri BUT I won't be gone Tuesday that week or have any other daytime activities so, yet again I guess we'll likely get about 3 days in again and THEN (fingers crossed) get on to normal life. I guess any time we get in is just extra that we won't have to do later, even if it isn't as much as I had hoped.

• Like 3

We start our new school year tomorrow. It will be a challenge because the restoration people are coming at 10 am to completely rip out my kitchen cabinets, sink, and stove. I think it might be a little distracting. Maybe we will have to do our first day of school at a coffee shop our local library is closed on Mondays.

• Like 4

While everyone else is getting ready to restart, we are finishing up our current year. I would say we have about 2 weeks of math and 2 weeks of science left. I finished up our history last week so the girls will just reading some historical fiction during the break and they have a few simple read and answer the questions pages left to do.

I have lesson planned for 1 semester of history and am working on science right now. Wow does our science increase in difficulty this year. I am a little nervous about how much more reasoning and deduction is expected this year. I still have a ton of planning to do, and I really need to have it done by the end of the month so we can start back after Disney. I think it will get easier to plan as the girls finish up their subjects for this year though so hopefully that will free up my time a bit.

• Like 2

I'm a happy momma today.  The finalized co-op schedule came out and, except for Spanish, all the elementary stuff is on Friday.  It's perfect.  GS will be going to MDO/pre-school from 9:00 - 1:30 while DD does school.  On Tuesday and Thursday we can do swimming lessons at 9:30 and be home by 10 in order to get school done in time to go get GS.  

Co-op offerings are science, art, and geography.  I'm thinking 3 hours (10 am - 1pm) is too long to be there with a two year old....and we will already be doing science; so art and geography it is.   Those are at 11 and noon, so if we want to be more relaxed we can; or we can get in an extra math/language arts hour before co-op.  Also, the "pre-school" teacher at co-op is going to offer a "mommy and me" sit in during their story time, so even GS will have something to after a while.

Nothing feels better than a great schedule.  Much better than last years....

Stefanie

• Like 4

I'm jealous :) We have too small of a community for coop. I think? In any case, there isn't one lol. The best we can do is homeschool swimming at the rec center where all the kids, from K-12 can take swimming lessons within the same hour, with play time before and after. So nice to be able to have all my kids swim at the same time, and only once a week. Also, I get a solid 1 1/2 hours to sit in the lobby with all the other home schooling moms and drink coffee and chat!

This morning, we reeeeaaaaaallllllly eased into it. All I did was sit down with my two olders and talk about how this year we'll be doing school all day instead of just the mornings. I tried to dress it up a bit by saying we'd have more time to get things done during the day and more time to throw a few new things in. Then I pulled out my list of handwork ideas for them to do during read aloud time and we got into some great hobby discussions and ended up looking at fairy houses on the iPad. Both of them then spent the next three hours building their own fairy houses :P We'll tackle math in about 20 minutes lol.

Luckily, that's really all I want to accomplish today! I figure if I start building in the habit of sitting down together in the morning and working a bit one-on-one in the afternoons for the next week or two, it will pave the way for the bits and bobs I want to add in as the month passes.

• Like 2

I'm very happy that we were able to get Bible, history, Spanish, science, and math done today. The restoration people were an hour and a half late, so that helped to get more stuff done. We are learning WW II in history, so we watched the movie Fat Man and Little Boy. I also made our first meal without my kitchen. I would say this day was a success.

• Like 2

No school today! DD worked really hard all last week (seriously, made up the entire day's schoolwork in advance, at her own request, AND did all the laundry) so she could have the day off to go horseback riding and swimming with her riding friends. It's kind of their "farewell to summer" event, as it's only going to get hotter here, so less riding until it cools down, and all the other kids go to public school. 

It's a good thing the house was quiet today, because I woke up at 3:45 for no good reason whatsoever. I have been tired and cranky, and took a much needed nap. On the plus side, I got my exercise (that I completely avoided all weekend) done by 5:30. My only other plans for the day are to do my online lesson (I signed up for a Coursera course that starts today) and wash the dog. He keeps running away and hiding.

• Like 3

I worked all day. But I have a few days off with the boys coming up. Boy, it looks like everyone has been busy while I've been out for a day. I did take a look at the grammar levels I'll be doing with CW Homer this year. Looks doable. I probably won't get as in depth, but this is the year that I really get the grammar consolidated with the writing. I can feel it!

• Like 2

My day is over. DD did her tumbling class. Somehow ended up showing off on bars LOL. Art class also finished. Got what we needed to do with math, science and history done and the girls did their reading. Luke had a bit of trouble with math this morning but did really great with his reading. He is in a new ETC book which has started doing blends which he has a hard time pronouncing (he says cwock rather than clock) so I am hoping this will really help him practice those sounds. He can do it, but I let him get lazy and now it is a terrible habit. I took a hot bath and am now curled up in bed lesson planning. I hope to have science done by this evening.

• Like 2

No school today! DD worked really hard all last week (seriously, made up the entire day's schoolwork in advance, at her own request, AND did all the laundry) so she could have the day off to go horseback riding and swimming with her riding friends. It's kind of their "farewell to summer" event, as it's only going to get hotter here, so less riding until it cools down, and all the other kids go to public school. 

We have our "farewell to summer" day coming up next week. I just checked the long range forecast. :svengo: Sunny and 101. I don't want to guess the heat index. We will be out all day in it. Fortunately, there will be water involved.

I'm fixing to get started on my grammar integration project. I have all my models for CW Homer picked, but I need to make a few copies to mark up for grammar and dictation exercises. Once I've done that, I will sit down with the core book and the workbook, and pick sentences and paragraphs for grammar work. 

The boys are moderately cranky this morning. I've already had to break up an argument over "stealing ideas". :rolleyes: Seems like arguments over ideas and who had one first make up the vast majority of fights lately. I hope I get a little peace to work on my own "ideas".

• Like 2

Well. Seems like all my best laid plans always fly out the window when it's summer. ILs are taking the boys fishing for a week. So fun for them! But there goes more of my summer plans . . . although I intend on sending a CLE math unit with ds8. MIL is a school teacher, she can handle it, along with a stack of Berenstein Bear books for the two of them to read. And no iPads! (twists evil mustache). The weather is not inspiring for camping - lots of rain. but it's oh so needed so I certainly won't complain.

No school today. I'm taking a personal day today - partner will wrangle remaining children while I go geek out in the library, treat myelf to lunch and then . . . not sure. Wish the weather was better, I'd go to a beach or at least a park! Will have to see what I come up with :)

• Like 3

I made the executive decision to road school today so I could sleep in after 2 days of horrible sleep.  I crashed out at 6 pm last night I was so tired.....up again at 9 pm (to deal with the groceries I just threw into the fridge) and then down for good at midnight. 

Going to see the in-laws today after swim lessons.  Need to go rearrange the freezer and deal with the meat before we head out for swim.

Stefanie

• Like 3

Such a slow start to the day today. We didnt even get out of bed until about 9am but we are moving now. Living room is cleaned and vacuumed and the kids have started their chores. We also got our Bible reading done and are about to get started on math. The focus today will probably be on math and science again since those are the two things I really want wrapped up before our trip. We are looking at temps between 105-110 next week. Typical Texas but still HOT.

• Like 3

Stefanie- I hear you on schedules, it makes such a difference.

This week is not going as planned- perhaps I was delusional to think we'd be schooling with dh home, plus all 3 girls have a bit of a virus, nothing major but enough to keep us from sleeping. Needless to say no school happened today, yesterday we made progress on the house, since we are finally having a yardsale (pretty rare as I have to wait until friends invite me as I live to far out myself) I like to clear out as much as I can.

Anyway, revised plans is to get done what we can this week and next with school and get the house and schedules in better order in preparation for everything getting back to normal. We received the schedules for 4-H yesterday and now they are having a planning meeting next Tuesday, of course at 12, so there goes the plan to not be out of the house early Mon, Tues and Wed. 

• Like 2

Well, today was different. I came home and the inside of the house smelled like skunk. Not outside, just indoors. Turns out the dog must have run into a skunk when he was let out for his morning run, and no one (*coughDHcough*) noticed. My mom and DD were gone, running errands all day, so the dog was just in the house, stinking it up. He's now had multiple baths (once with baking soda and peroxide) and smells marginally better. He's still sleeping in the garage tonight, though.

Oh, and all that moping and complaining DD did about how choir was going to be horrible, and how she couldn't stand still, and could she PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE not go? Yeah, she loves it. She burst in the door to shout about how awesome it was. She's sad they only rehearse once a week.  :lol:

• Like 1

I got all my copying done, did my housekeeping, made syrup for the bees, read two chapters of Jane Eyre to the boys, ran to the library, and now I'm done in for the day. I'm going to bed early. The heat and humidity just wipe me out. 

• Like 2

Critterfixer-I don't blame you for going to bed early.

Aurelia- I'm glad your dd is loving choir! I certainly don't blame you for making the dog sleep in the garage.

Soror- good luck with the garage sale.

Well I'm not getting much sleep again, the boys are staying later now so I'm not getting much downtime before getting dinner ready, which is making me cranky. I've decided to start school for us on the 20th, it's going to be a very easy start. I have a marginal plan and schedule (in my head) that I will spend the next few weeks getting on paper, lol. I plan to make some copies made this weekend, I'm hoping I can get them all done. Forgot to mention that I've made some progress on our shelves!

• Like 2

Well, I'm hoping that today will be better than yesterday. My DD is 12 turning 13 at the end of this month. She can be my sweet lil' monkey one second and then turns into a alien creature that has four eyes. I know why some animals eat their young.

She was able to get a lot of subjects done; but, the quality of her work was awful. For instance, one science question was answered with just a "yes." For Bible, she didn't even attempt to answer the why part of the question. Latin, she was only able to answer half the questions correctly because she didn't want to look at a chart that was right next to her. After I marked the incorrect answers she ask me in an angry tone, " Do I really have to correct this?"

Deep breath. Today is a new day.

I love reading everyone's homeschooling days. You all encourage me and at low days I know that I'm not the only one.

I'm just so very thankful that my DD can weather her hormone storm at home and not at a public school.

• Like 2

Ugh.....road school didn't happen yesterday. I was running late from swimming and forgot the work packet on the table trying to get 2 kids and a husband out the door. Then, I was up until 3 am. Just couldn't get comfortable, mostly the TX heat I guess.

I'm exhausted. Kids went to camp/daycare and I'm in bed about to take a nap before getting up to clean the house and the toddlers room before my every Wednesday unwanted guests arrive. In some ways I can't believe that we are still on supervised visits 14 months after court. I'm really done with it, but under the circumstances, we can't exactly throw in the towel either.

Stefanie

:grouphug: Stefanie. 

Heat is bothering me, too. We are supposed to maybe get some rain today, but it isn't cooling anything off. It's supposed to get hotter. Welcome to August in the South. :glare: I've got to get out in it, too. I've already been out and cleaned the chicken house, but the bees need feeding today. That's next. I'm trying to get up my courage to go out there and get it done with.

Today I'm mostly doing housekeeping things. I may do a little bit of cooking later. Maybe. It's almost too hot for me to care.

• Like 1

Critter....I think the problem is DH never redirected the fan from winter and so it is still pulling down the hotter air from the ceiling. I actually like it hot. I can't fix it because if I do I'd be sick for a week at least from getting up in the dust.

Stefanie

• Like 2

Critter....I think the problem is DH never redirected the fan from winter and so it is still pulling down the hotter air from the ceiling. I actually like it hot. I can't fix it because if I do I'd be sick for a week at least from getting up in the dust.

I have a hole in my ceiling that is contributing to heat in the house. I refuse to fix it, because it hasn't been proved to me that the roof isn't going to leak. I really should go have a big board cut so that I can set it in the hole, but that would require being out in the heat, with a saw and having splinters sticking to sweaty skin. Fortunately the hole isn't always in my line of vision, so I try to forget about it most of the time. I'm waiting on a downpour so that I can go and observe. But I've repaired that ceiling before. It was a pain in the rear. I refuse to do it again until I'm sure I won't EVER have to do it again. So there.

I did my bees. I think I've lost a quart of fluid in sweat. I meant to take my new little mower out there and cut the grass in front of the hives. Ain't no way.

• Like 2

It rained. It did not cool down. Yuck.

In school related action, my son is in the office with the dogs, typing up a self-generated report on a crocodile-like dinosaur. My other son has completed a book of maps that he made for his make-believe country, complete with insets that show important towns. I read another chapter of Jane Eyre. We are fixing to find out about the mad wife in the attic.

It's pizza and a movie night.

I'm going to try to NOT go to sleep in the recliner.

• Like 1

Better day today. Lots of school done, wonderful attitude, and a trip to the library.

We were able to snatch the movie Into the Woods. Ă°Å¸ËœÆ’

Now off to make dinner on my new camp stove since it's going to be 2-4 more weeks without a kitchen.Ă°Å¸ËœÂ§

• Like 2

Now off to make dinner on my new camp stove since it's going to be 2-4 more weeks without a kitchen.Ă°Å¸ËœÂ§

I remember those days. We moved in to a new house and the stove was gas, but they wouldn't connect it for a week. We had a hot plate that got a lot of use.

At least you'll have a well-appreciated pretty new kitchen when they finish!

• Like 2

Critterfixer- ay ya yi- Leaky roofs and holes, no fun! Do you have air conditioning? It has been blazing hot here but the air keeps it cooler. However, we just had a front come through yesterday and we are back to the 80s, its glorious out right now!!!

Sdel- I can't imagine supervised visits, that in itself would be a huge stress, I'd say you deserve some slack!

mama25- I hear you on the sleep, not the best here either and it makes a HUGE difference in my/our productivity.

OneGirlAcademy- you have my sympathies about the lack of stove that stinks! I can only imagine what the teenage years are going to be like here with 3 girls, I think I'll plug my ears :)

Aurelia- skunk in the house, how fun!!!! How great your daughter has found an activity she likes!

AnnaM- Hang in there you are almost done! 

Let's see yesterday I lowered expectations; we all did Math and then read-alouds. I then worked on the girls Japan studies and finally got my printer working and found some more easy ideas for crafts that they will love. After I finished that I read to the girls more about Japan and then they colored a sheet with a Japanese tea ceremony; my 5 yr old was begging to do more. I'm hoping to go this Sat to buy some school supplies, I've yet to buy anything for the year.  I'm reading Because of Mr. Terupt to ds, another great read-aloud, the only problem is that I want to know what is going to happen and have a hard time stopping reading. I pulled out Dr. Dolittle to read to the girls and they seem to be enjoying it; unfortunately I realized after reading a couple of chapters that it is an adaptation- UGH! 

Today we will likely do more of the same; math and read-aloud for ds; math, read-aloud and Japan studies for the girls. I also think we'll get in some Nature Study time too since the weather is so nice today.

• Like 2

Soror- you must tell me two things. 1) where did you get your coloring sheet for the tea ceremony? And (2) please give me a review of Maxwell's School Composition for Higher Grammar.

The sheet they were coloring yesterday was actually from our Children around the World study- sorry! BUT I did find lots of supplemental info to go with it at:

http://thecraftyclassroom.com/crafts/japan-crafts-for-kids/

Not just on that site but through various links she had, plenty of easy but good crafts. I have on our plans:

-Carp wind sock- we did these with our instructions with CatW but they didn't turn out very well so we're trying it again

-Cherry blossom painting- I seen several ideas I like for these

-paper dolls- we did one with our CatW but there was a different template I found that is a replica of a wood doll

-Japanese fans- they have a link to one with scrapbook paper and one that is a template that you color and attach to a popsicle stick- we're doing the one with scrapbook paper as I thought it looked prettier :)

-paper lanterns with origami paper- or maybe buy I plain one and paint it- I'll have to see what I find at the store

One of the things I love in CatW is the suggestion to have a cultural celebration, the girls are just loving it. Sorry I'm being chatty, you didn't ask for all of that.

Maxwell's-

Let me preface this with saying so far we've just completed 3 lessons although I've read through the whole book a few times. I find the book to be straightforward to use and easy to understand. I think it does a fabulous job of building up composition skills without overcomplicating matters. Although there are some variety in the assignments at the base is a model and imitation with narration and some grammar thrown in(the grammar is tough though!). We are using it in the manner that every week we follow the same template- Mon- read the model- pick assignment- do any oral exercises- some grammar and narration and write outline-

tues- write piece from outline

Wed- Ds goes over editing and revising with some cheat sheets I made him

thurs- We go over it together- mostly this is me trying to give him skills to see his mistakes himself as this is a weak area- so I guide him towards reading aloud and pointing out various things to look for

It has been a fabulous follow up to Treasured Conversations- I had planned to do all content writing this year but when I read this again I thought this would be such a good way for him to get more structured practice. I'm not certain we will do it all this year at this time I see us going back and forth with Maxwell and then content writing, using the same template. Even when using Maxwell ds doesn't necessarily have to write about any of the topics suggested, last week he wrote on RC helicopters but he kept it descriptive as was the assignment for the week. 

I was nervous as in the past I seem to have a bad track record of sticking with vintage books or free resources but I've got no desire to switch this one. As I said I do plan on throwing in some content writing and we might possibly do WR bk 5(no desire to do 4 although we've enjoyed the other books) but I see this as a good path for ds. As it is my current plans it to spread it to about 2 yrs since we'll be adding other writing here and there.

• Like 1

Had a late start this morning. I didn't wake up until 8:30 and the dd didn't get up until 9.

She still got all of the 3 R's done.

We watched into the woods.

Attitude was a little shaky; but, she pulled herself out of it.

Now her best friend called and wants her to spend the night. Husband and I will have a night alone. Ă°Å¸â€™

• Like 2

As for school, well, haven't done it.  Chores, haven't done them either.  I'm finally recovering from our out of town trip and 4 days of very little sleep.  Something always triggers my allergies when we go to my MIL's house.  I'm not sure if it is the living conditions in the house (which are not great) or if it's environmental from the region. 

I worked today, so I'm trying to get through the chores at the house while wanting to get my shower and go to bed. I'm trying to get the boys and the DH on board with some basic clean-up so that I won't have so much to do this weekend.

The dogs are mad because it's still hot and they didn't want to go for walks, but had to go anyway.

The cats are mad that I wasn't here today to poof their pillows.

The chickens are mad because it is hot.

I don't know if the bees are mad, but they probably are because the weather is unsettled and it might rain. And it's hot.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm in favor of no school, no chores and a good rest tonight myself!

Critterfixer- ay ya yi- Leaky roofs and holes, no fun! Do you have air conditioning? It has been blazing hot here but the air keeps it cooler. However, we just had a front come through yesterday and we are back to the 80s, its glorious out right now!!!

It's the chimney flashing. Wasn't done right the first time, the second time or the third time. I've decided that this fall DH and I will get up there and do it right ourselves. Since I am absolutely, completely and utterly paralyzed by heights, it's big for me to brave getting up on the roof. We have air conditioning, thank goodness. It's a good thing. We got rain last night, so our heat indexes are heading well up into the triple digits tomorrow. The boys have instructions to run the ChickenAire tomorrow and ice as needed. I'll leave the bag of quarters for the ice run. :D

All grousing aside, I'm actually in a pretty good mood. Every time I get grumpy and down about this time of year, my muse returns. I made some headway on my fiction story for the first time in a good month.  :001_smile:

Critter: We had the same problem with ours, but it would only leak when it was either pouring or the wind was blowing. DH decided to take care of it himself and it's been fine since. Of course, this was after we called the insurance company who said "It's the flashing, but we're not going to fix it, or give you money for anyone else to do it."  :cursing:

• Like 1

So far the ChickenAire is running fabulously. The chickens are not cool, but they are handling the heat with all the ice we keep bringing in.

Had a couple of long days here with work. Time to grab some good sleep tonight and maybe do a little school tomorrow. We have our "farewell to summer" day on Monday with DH and the amusement park, so it isn't just essential that I start back tomorrow if I don't want to. :001_smile:

• Like 1